Hey Guys, New to This Section

Black Cat

Hey guys. Just wanted to pop in a say just started playing with the editors. Looking over some of the work you have already done and it is amazing. almost enough to keep me from even trying to throw down with you folks lol.

Anyways Have a few questions if someone could take few minutes for me.

First I am starting my attempts with a small scout farm map. Couple things that are jumping out at me already are..

Lack of buildings, is it possible to use town buildings on the farm map and if so how?

Also in the process of getting things looking right I am overlapping tiles like the roads and the farm grass 10x10. Is that going to cause problems moving forward?

Overlapping tiles, what ever you place down last/click last comes to top. it is like a powerpoint where you select bring to top. If there is something underneath it doesnt usually cause a problem. The biggest issue is making sure that ground tiles like grass are aligned correctly and to make sure that things dont join up random fashion. Most things have a set way to join up.

You can use any other buildings in your maps but you need to be careful because not all styles work together. You have to copy the building you want from the tile type it is in, to the tile type that you want to use. E.g maps\town\building\gas_station - you could copy it to maps\farm\building\gas_station