"Wait no more" bullets.

lightgemini

HI This is an extremely simple mod.

Did you ever felt shots speed are way to slow?

Did you ever played faster than your soldiers can shoot?

Did you ever felt like waiting patiently for all the shots to stop "snail flying" and hit something so you can continue playing?

If the answer to any of the above is Yes, then this is the mod for you! :D

This increases the speed of all projectiles in the game except for the rocket launcher (it actually is col they way it is).

Changes are:

-Ballistic average 2000 speed

-Laser average 2500

-Plasma (human) average 1600

-MAG average 2200

-Rockets average No change

-Grenades No change

-Plasma (Alien) average 1800

-Drones average 1800(light) - 1600(medium-heavy)

Thats all, no damage/accuracy/weight edits, just speed.

This will override any weapons_gc mod you may already have installed, reverting it to vanilla with more speed. If you have no weapons mods installed you are safe.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qqmag03mvlzyid0/weapons_gc.xml

Make a copy of your weapons_gc.xml and copy the file to your assets folder and overwrite.

Enjoy :)

2000 as an average works fine. More is a bit too fast and less than 1500 is plain boring. Generally weapons with short range can go slower without being boring, and very long range ones can go faster to shorten flight time.

This works better with the projectiles replacement mod, or anything that makes projectiles larger.

Reason for increase speed is mainly having get used to playing XCOM in Dosbox, with shots flying at uber supersonic speed across the screen. After you get used to it you like it, as it gives a dangerous feel to it and lets you play firefights in a rush if you dont need to stop to think, almost to the point everything goes so fast it feels like a "movie" with little pauses.

This really shouldnt effect anything right?

The projectile speed doesnt have anything to do with hit or damage/penetration calculations?

I really cant imagine it does, but I have to wonder why Human Plasma is SO slow, I mean they almost "float". Maybe that was by design for some reason, though I cant think of why.

This really shouldnt effect anything right?

The projectile speed doesnt have anything to do with hit or damage/penetration calculations?

I really cant imagine it does, but I have to wonder why Human Plasma is SO slow, I mean they almost "float". Maybe that was by design for some reason, though I cant think of why.

Right, it affects nothing else besides the visual effect of the projectile sprite flying around; the damage and other things are handled elsewhere in the weapons_gc file.

You can actually change most of that sort of thing fairly easily within that file; you can use excel or notepad, in which case you'll be looking at simple text. You'll find values such as damage, weight, magazine capacity, speed of the projectiles, animation delays, sound effects keyed by firing, AP used for firing in different modes, reloading, damage caused by the projectile, and a number of other things.

Its true speed is only visual and doenst affect any mechanic. Why the devs choose so slow speeds I dont know. Maybe they did it for watching more closely projectiles paths for debug and just got used to it. Its not like the vanilla images for shots are that pretty to justify going slow so you can take a nice look at it.

Rocket speed being a bit slow is cool, it gives you some tension as you watch it fly wether it will hit or crash somewere along the way, perhaps close to friendly xenonauts. But bullets/projectiles dont care that much, you just want to see the end result.Also having fast projectiles makes it a bit harder to pinpoint the position from it was fired in the FOW or in some cases even know from were you are being shot, wich is far more realistic and fun.

• 2 weeks later...