Hah, love the pics!

How about a aftermath picture with the alien head instead. As in the xenonauts just liberated an alien controlled town, and are crossing out the warning (like your last picture) with something like alien blood.

So a rubble or damaged town with a lone xenonaut walking away from the sign, blood dripping from his finger. In the background maybe some scientists carting off the alien bodies and equipment.

Hah, love the pics!

How about a aftermath picture with the alien head instead. As in the xenonauts just liberated an alien controlled town, and are crossing out the warning (like your last picture) with something like alien blood.

So a rubble or damaged town with a lone xenonaut walking away from the sign, blood dripping from his finger. In the background maybe some scientists carting off the alien bodies and equipment.

I'm afraid that's out of my league :P I'm just an amateur, not an artist. I love postapocalyptic manipulated pictures, wished I could do stuff like that though, it's very cool but very hard to make a normal picture into that.

Check this guy out btw : http://alexiuss.deviantart.com/gallery/3239976#/d18h2us 40 hours in one piece and that's when you're talented :D

I just like to take random pictures and put stuff on it :P

bahnhofB800.jpg

I like them! Dislike the one on the sign the most, as it seems too formal (its a made sign after all) but that's just me. Also I might suggest lessening the opacity of the 'aliens sighted here' one, no reason that should be see through.

But otherwise they look great!

Oh perhaps make them a bit more haphazard? The alien face is always perfectly vertical, and while the writing drips, the face doesn't...

But seriously, SWEET!

P.S. I like the Xenonaut's rank symbol on that yellow t-shirt

• 2 months later...

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to try my hand at creating a poster for this game as i'm really enjoying playing it and i'd love to help out. Here is a mock-up of an propaganda-like image where the "x" is represented by four fists crushing down on an alien. I'm curious if others think this is an interesting concept...

Xenonauts.jpg

Xenonauts.jpg

Xenonauts.jpg.3d884b7e5a9407864ad56b0d2e

Ok... why the hell does that remind me of a nazi swastika? probably not a good idea to have black on white on red like that.

Also the implied hate thats loaded into that poster is just unsetteling for me. Its like they are ganging up to beat a captured PoW...

Wow - I definitely did not have any intention to make it look anything like a swastika. That didn't even cross my mind! Sorry if I offended in any way or caused any concern...I wanted the image to be provocative, but never imagined it to resemble a nazi symbol. If you do not feel comfortable with it, I can delete my post. I don't want to upset anyone.

Regarding the "unsettling" nature of the image - I was just aiming to resemble the propaganda posters of the cold war and other eras. From my research, these types of propaganda posters were incredibly biased in their depiction of the "other side" and clearly played on people's primal emotions (fear and anger being the most used; with pride being a close second). It speaks to the "desperation" of the times that people would allow themselves to be swayed by such posters. Only in an atmosphere of intense hatred, mistrust and fear can a general populace fall for such nonsense. Thankfully, we live in areas of the world untouched by war directly - and are able to look at these images through unbiased lenses. When they are seen i this light, they certainly look disturbing. In fact, if you take a moment to browse the many hundreds of real propaganda posters that were created during WWI, WWII and beyond, I think you would very quickly walk away disturbed. The way the material purposefully bends and twists the truth, the way it makes everything seem black and white, the way it does not allow any room for different opinions - it is all truly disturbing.

I thought - and maybe I am mistaken - that Xenonauts is set in such "desperate" times. The Xenonauts were created to intercept, hunt down and destroy any and all alien species. In some cases, they were instructed to capture the aliens and bring them back for medical experiments (which is probably a worse way to die). There was no room for negotiation or any other considerations. During such bleak, desperate and fearful times I'm afraid posters with slogans like "destroy the alien" would be quite prevalent around the world. For the sake of supporting the war effort against the alien invaders, governments would likely spread this type of fearful propaganda to ensure that the message was heard loud and clear - we are not negotiating with the aliens or running away and hiding...we are intent on killing every last one of them.

Having said all that - perhaps I'll go back to the drawing board and submit a different proposal. There are many propaganda posters focused on ideas of "pride" and "victory." Although these concepts are grossly exaggerated as well in the context of the propaganda pieces they are set it - basing a Xenonauts image on one of these might be less disturbing. After all, this is just a game - thankfully!

I understand that posters can be agressive and full of emotion. I just think it would be better showing "strenght" then the absolute worst human behaviour such as cowardly gangbeating prisoners.

Have a single fist beat up four aliens from below. That has a more "human underdog uprising beating a larger armed force" feel to it.