V1Full of the Walrus Tactical Balisitc expansion: Art, XP, and recoil update.

WalrusJones

You could replace my images for one.

As for updating 1.1 for 19stablehotfixed, It isn't so easy due to the fact that shooting mechanics inherently changed while I was not looking......

You can splice the XML files if you want, but I am going to try to do a more cohesive update to keep quality up.

Its out, and I have armor values to study and adjust, and weapons/accuracy which are nothing like they were before to adapt my system for.

Its less how much work I had making this in the first place, but its more difficult due to the fact that my old paradigms are now somewhat less.... Practical.

You could replace my images for one.

As for updating 1.1 for 19stablehotfixed, It isn't so easy due to the fact that shooting mechanics inherently changed while I was not looking......

You can splice the XML files if you want, but I am going to try to do a more cohesive update to keep quality up.

oh my, i didnt realize to create a weapon you need to create sprite sheets for every single piece of armor, along side every action with it in hands. this is madness.

Madness?!?

The hypest insanity. But yeah, what you'd do is create an object pack for how it looks laying on the ground in the Battlescape, one for the image you see in the Geoscape and inventory, and a set of objects for it sitting in the soldier's hands in various facing positions, according to how it was held (like a rifle, pistol, whatever), a "statsheet" the details its fire modes, ammo, its cost, whether it's bought or researched (and that data), choose sounds, and drop pointers in for the game to integrate it. From there, the game would use it with any armor you had equipped, since they were independent.

Similarly, arms, legs, and heads were SORT of independent, so the game can read different "races." If you have an armor that reveals the soldier's head/arms/hair, you can key it so that it reads off of that, and displays a white/black/asian dude's/chick's appearance over that particular armor.

Edited by EchoFourDelta

Its why my last planned update is a native American styled bow after I finish touching up plasma and mag weapons with new and interesting variants.

That will take more work then the rest of this mod combined, which in turn will keep me updating.

I expect this to be happening over a year from now, due to technical limitations I am hitting in the current versions of the game.

• 9 months later...