Damned money!!!need more money!! Is hard to understand??

I'll try and put the discussion back on topic for this thread.

Money, money, money! Not enough for a good game. I appreciate build 4 has greatly improved the playability however I'm defended my base twice in December with most soldiers without armour or laser weapons. I can imagine how much more fun it would be if it was an even fight. By this stage I would expect enough money to arm the soldiers with the latest equipment. I've researched heaps of improvements to armour, weapons and aircraft, however no money to put them into effect, so I'm losing badly.

I've played X-Com since the first day and loved it and this project has the potential to improve on it. Balance is the key to playability. I for one won't play a game where you're frustrated with the inability to progress. Provide more money or reduce the cost of the basic equipment you need to play the game.

That might help. But Chris stated the goal was to play a complete game in 40 missions or so. I'd say we're at double or triple that number right now. So, something has to change. I think less recovery missions is the best place to make the change.

Right, but will that be 40 missions if you expand quickly for more interceptions? 40 missions if you try to stay put in your central base? If you try to shoot down everything in sight or one per wave?

Right, but will that be 40 missions if you expand quickly for more interceptions? 40 missions if you try to stay put in your central base? If you try to shoot down everything in sight or one per wave?
I think he meant 40 ground combat mission i.e. your soldiers are fighting. Of course, you'd have to be following a somewhat competent strategy obviously, whatever that turns out to be.

I think he meant 40 ground combat mission i.e. your soldiers are fighting. Of course, you'd have to be following a somewhat competent strategy obviously, whatever that turns out to be.

Yep, that was all referring to ground combat missions. The number will vary drastically based on both the randomness of where flights show up and how aggressive you are at expanding, especially with the invasion advancing on a monthly basis.

Yep, that was all referring to ground combat missions. The number will vary drastically based on both the randomness of where flights show up and how aggressive you are at expanding, especially with the invasion advancing on a monthly basis.
OK, that's true, but right now you HAVE TO go to all of them to build more than one base. If they paid more individually or return more in support payments then you could ignore some of them and that would reduce the number of ground combats you needed to play to finish the game. Obviously, you could do them all or try to, but at least you'd have more of a choice if they were more rewarding on the whole. I don't mind a long game, but I certainly don't want to have to play for weeks of real time to get to the final mission.

played until december ..... cronical lack of founds... political disset

after played some time i have some ideas to share(it's only my opinions)to make the game more funny,dynamic and realist

1)increase global founding(at least 1,5x)and lowering political decrease

2)a "bonus" for every abatement(ex 5k for a scout,7k for a small,8k fighter,10k corvettes etc)damn,the world's best airforces are unable to shoot down anything and the my little,underpaid,obsolete aircraft have destroyed 10s of ufo's a little of consideration...

3)introduce some special mission HIGHLY REWARDED(i think something like recovering an ultra advanced alien technology or something like that)payed 3-4-500k$

the possibilities are many to balancing a little..i'm an "old":) EU player and personally find strange(absurd?)to develop the game around a single fairly well developed base(i find ridiculous managing a planetary defence with a single living room and a dozen of soldiers of doubtful quality(fires like a band of boyscout)and two satellite bases good only for air superiority..the base's entire and multiple advancement should be encouraged not crippled,at the end i have laser weapons,armours,veichles and so on..only on paper,the my 10 tech's played poker and drink whiskey all the time because all my money(now just a few) go in keep expenses.and i have lost only 1 aircraft until now..

played until december ..... cronical lack of founds... political disset

after played some time i have some ideas to share(it's only my opinions)to make the game more funny,dynamic and realist

1)increase global founding(at least 1,5x)and lowering political decrease

2)a "bonus" for every abatement(ex 5k for a scout,7k for a small,8k fighter,10k corvettes etc)damn,the world's best airforces are unable to shoot down anything and the my little,underpaid,obsolete aircraft have destroyed 10s of ufo's a little of consideration...

3)introduce some special mission HIGHLY REWARDED(i think something like recovering an ultra advanced alien technology or something like that)payed 3-4-500k$

the possibilities are many to balancing a little..i'm an "old":) EU player and personally find strange(absurd?)to develop the game around a single fairly well developed base(i find ridiculous managing a planetary defence with a single living room and a dozen of soldiers of doubtful quality(fires like a band of boyscout)and two satellite bases good only for air superiority..the base's entire and multiple advancement should be encouraged not crippled,at the end i have laser weapons,armours,veichles and so on..only on paper,the my 10 tech's played poker and drink whiskey all the time because all my money(now just a few) go in keep expenses.and i have lost only 1 aircraft until now..

I agree with this entire post.

You know, I'm playing through 19.4 properly (as in "not testing a mod out") for the first time, and I'm not feeling the economic pinch other people are. It's Novermber time for me, I've seen one scout and about 7 light scouts. I'm on my second base (2 hangars, a storeroom, living quarters and a radar - building has commenced at the start of this month, and will continue for a while yet), I have 3 Foxtrots and 2 Condors, a revolving crew of 15 soliders, I'm now onto my second suit of Wolf armour. I've only downed 2 corvettes so far, but netting $140,000 per keeps the war machine running. I can pretty much handle any threat that dares to flit into my airspace. I think Timbuk 3 says it best....

[video=youtube_share;2UMUSxBZhjA]

18.x Currently coming up on the end of Nov. 3 Bases up and running, two condors and a fox Each. Two 8 man squads with full wolf and laser rifles and two chinooks.

Granted in fairness... Been save scrumming like a little bi***. And still spending every dime I make and end up waiting on something to shoot down to get more cash.

And numerous play throughs learning the systems.

PS. Oh and knocking off an alien base with 8 relatively new rookies (was their third mission out) all with about 50 tu's each due to weight of wolf and laser rifles...sucks!!! Especially when you add in the shooting through the wall bugs and the damn base was androns and teleporters.

Edited by Black Cat

Heh, given the relatively low number of missions they want to get us down to... I would REALLY hope they implement some kind of scaling curve for recruiting new soldiers. My second squads are usually shit, and end up doing shitty jobs. I've found it's most efficient to just load them up with rocket launchers, as I'm going to get reamed as soon as my beta squad ends up going against large craft groups of aliens toting sniper rifles.

i'm not talking of a single case,but the entire strategy..for me the problem is that the money are bad balanced..if more money were dispensed the difficulty curve automatically smooth and realism increase.. for ex :the jackal armor,first,intended as a transitional and first try to counter the far superior alien weapons..ok my soldiers go in battle and die like mosqitoes in a mid summer highway because i have no money to equip them decently,this from first battles,or months..i do not pretend to have immediately a plenty of money to equip entire squads immediately with laser rifles and armors,but a curve(like the original EU)that present on the battlefield progressively well eqipped soldiers..this is only a case..if i want to build a veichle i want to do that without the constant think of money!(damn i have build the veichle and now the entire game is compromised because with 100k$ i could have build a hangar an aircraft or so)

I think Timbuk 3 says it best....

The future's so bright...that will be the detonation of a tactical nuke in the heart of the city.

By focusing entirely on air combat, I'm in January. I can't handle all of the UFOs, but then I think that's supposed to be the case. We'll see how funding pans out at the end of the month. I'm trying to save up money to build plenty of high tier equipment.

In the past the game encouraged you to build second strike bases due to the limited chinook range. Now that it's global there's little need to have more than one base equipped for it. Arguably, you could have a second chinook at the main base, with a larger squad of soldiers.

Since new recruits later on are left behind, a better strategy would be to have a larger initial rotating pool. Where the money comes for that, I've no idea :)

great Timbuk3....

the mantra is this... without money you can go nowhere to do nothing...

i can understand the worldwide chinook range but the idea of having only a decent main base is really foolish in a credible alien situation..are more sensed an "old EU"development rate,with more bases well developed and capable of retaliate or hold a serious alien threat..one base is only one base after all..with few advantages but many flaws..