What is the provision for increasing the amount of maps in the final version?, if the decision is to remain that there will be no random map generator will you be allowing the community to create maps?

I think it would be a decent idea to allow the community to create maps that are then submitted to the development team for approval, they can then be added into the final game. This would alleviate work load from the development team whilst allowing a 'buy in' to the community and allow them to feel that they have contributed to what I feel at least, is the most true to x-com remake to date.

If this has already been discussed prior to now then forgive me.

As it turns out, some community maps have already been included in the game. If you're curious, browse to [your Xenonauts dir]\assets\maps and fish around; any .xmls with "_flash" or "_mox" at the end are maps created by the community that have been vetted by the devs and come bundled with the game.

The forum for map making is this way. Currently, the map making community is pretty small. Active map makers are pretty much Flashman, Mox, and myself.

If you want to experiment with making a map yourself, browse to your Xenonauts install directory. There you'll find GCLevelEditor.exe. Open it up and get to work! If you find it unintuitive, and/or you find the wiki not to be helpful enough, please say so and I'll try and put together a tutorial for a basic map.

To use the submap editor, you have to follow the steps in Flashman's post in the thread I linked to. By default, the resources are archived, and they need to be unpacked before you can play with the submap editor.

When the archiving system came in around v18.4 I didn't have problems making maps, but couldn't do anything with the submap editor until I got a working assets\tiles folder.

To use the submap editor' date=' you have to follow the steps in Flashman's post in the thread I linked to. By default, the resources are archived, and they need to be unpacked before you can play with the submap editor.

When the archiving system came in around v18.4 I didn't have problems making maps, but couldn't do anything with the submap editor until I got a working assets\tiles folder.[/quote']

Yeah I have unpacked all the tiles using quickbms etc as stated in the guide. Ill try a new map and see if it continues to crash.