scoring system.??

after playing over 100+ hours on v18.5 and v19 2nd edition.

i am left wondering the scoring mechanic and how it works. i understand missions completed results in scoring, but how does that reflect individual country by coutry standing. i sent packing 3 terror attacks and show down a load of aircraft over the EU but i still got a reduction in funding off them.. why?

also does research reflect your score when it comes to your monthly report..???

what happens if you leave an enemy base alone for a while.. does it increase the chance of that country joining up with the aliens???

a full breakdown of the mechanic would be nice if anybody knows..

thank you

I've not seen the mechanic. I asked here a while ago, but there was nothing forthcoming.

It's safe to say that a base will increase the chances of losing it. Partly because of the drain the alien base has on the funding as seen in the bug where it constantly drains resources away. Also, in the increased amount of activity around supplying the base etc. Assuming the base is actually used as such to launch and receive craft.

Aaron (one of the developers) has discovered the relationship scoring system is a little borked, and is working to change it. He found that terror mission scoring doesn't affect geoscape scores among other things. At its most basic each funding bloc has a "relationship score". You loose points if:

1) Alien UFOs generate an event in a funding bloc.

2) You loose a mission

3) Alien bases drain relationship score regularly in any funding bloc they are in.

You gain relationship points if:

1) You shoot down a UFO

2) You complete a mission

Funding is rounded to the nearest $5000, so it's possible to not get enough points to round up instead of round down. As the geoscape relationship scoriong system is under overhaul, I can't say what the specific points are.