I think this game would benefit alot from a cover system (i know you can already take cover behind small objects but still it would be nice if you put your soldier against something and then allow him to shoot the alien on the other side much like x-com enemy unknown).

The biggest problem with the cover I have atm (apart from grenades) is that longer cover has more chances to block the shot, and that it's hard to tell which one is half and full cover.

Also after playing xcom I noticed that I'm putting my soldiers in a wrong position behind a cover, since here the cover isn't shielding soldier even from 15 degree shot.

I mean when you behind full cover your guy does not pop out of it when he is told to shoot a target like they would do in xcom enemy unknown and im asking for something like that. Say you are on the back of a train car and an enemy is on the side of it in xcom eu you would be able to lean right or left and shoot him (assuming the alien is a he).

I mean when you behind full cover your guy does not pop out of it when he is told to shoot a target like they would do in xcom enemy unknown and im asking for something like that. Say you are on the back of a train car and an enemy is on the side of it in xcom eu you would be able to lean right or left and shoot him (assuming the alien is a he).

No, he does not, but you have the TUs needed to move him out of cover, shoot and get him back again. In the fireaxis game, they only give you 2 moves, so they had to compensate by taking this detail for spotting, shooting and returning to cover upon them.