Custom Soldiers?

yay! let me know how I get on :)

I play with the same squad numbers pretty much constantly. I notice that game after game the stats fall into a pattern where they end up with the same role. For example, for me, Uzma Shera and Brett Cronin mostly end up being assault troops. Li'l thothkins often gets Heavy Weapon duty, but used to also get assault duty (Generally as Mr Cronin frequently died first). Odd.

good plan. I don't want you getting sleepy as I leave the Chinook :) Not that li'l thothkins has to leave the chinook, of course. Li'l thothkins could just run around it for the strength bonus :)

Just like the Elder Scroll series. Developers are trying to provide a nice, realistic, soldier skills development scheme and there are those that start abusing it from day 1 :P. Anyone willing to actually play the game as it is intended to be played? I find it disturbing that the developers are expected to provide measures against abusing the skills development. Heck, if someone enjoys having soldiers do meaningless things during a mission, it is OK. But the same person stating that this is a game defect is absurd :P. In my opinion, the game should be so hard as to not allow anyone the luxury of doing such stupid things.

But, hey, I am sure it is just me!:cool:

Well...the first 5 missions went well...I think that you and one of my rocket guys were promoted the most...You have around 74 strength and 80 accuracy.Not to shaby if I say so myself :).Considering my last playthrough snipies leveled up at a much slower rate.Still I bet in future missions that you are gonna have to compete with the rocket guys...They get alot of strength from carrying all those rockets.

Might consider after you have decent strength(around 90) to put you in the destroyer suit(you know that armor which makes a unit very resilient) and the plasma caster(the plasma machine gun) :).

Hope you don't mind being on assault duty when that happens ;)

Well...I didn't exploit...If you ask me I don't even know how to do it...I heard something about herding sebbilians and then just keep taking shots at them...but that seems way to risky to me to do...

I just consider myself lucky with the soldier progression...I mean,with the exception of a few soldiers(including you) everyone is leveling up normally.Then again that might be because I tend to move alot with snipers and rocket guys to get them into position when breaching a UFO :)

Also latest update for today :).Did another mission.Good haul...but it did come at a cost...first soldier down in this play session...:(.Three others got wounded...Was because I just didn't took my time on breaching the UFO like I usually do(like I said in the upper comment).Lucky though,you and the other 2 rocket guys only got out with a flesh wound(the 3 other didn't count you guys,they were severely injured).

I consider taking this more carefull as of now...Seems like the crazy alien numbers from Sathras mod are finally kicking in.Still making huge profit of all of those extra alien weapons.

yay! let me know how I get on :)

I play with the same squad numbers pretty much constantly. I notice that game after game the stats fall into a pattern where they end up with the same role. For example, for me, Uzma Shera and Brett Cronin mostly end up being assault troops. Li'l thothkins often gets Heavy Weapon duty, but used to also get assault duty (Generally as Mr Cronin frequently died first). Odd.

For the love of...

THOTHKINS! GET BACK TO SCRUBBING ALREADY!

For the love of...

THOTHKINS! GET BACK TO SCRUBBING ALREADY!

But I finished the scrubbing! I was doing some spitting and polishing. Which, to be fair, was really needed as I don't think my plan of polishing then spitting pleased too many.

Now leave me alone, I've got a flesh wound dontchaknow :)

But I finished the scrubbing! I was doing some spitting and polishing. Which, to be fair, was really needed as I don't think my plan of polishing then spitting pleased too many.

Now leave me alone, I've got a flesh wound dontchaknow :)

I don't care if you've a powersword in your appendix! Stop spitting upon the floor! You're making the eggheads hyperventilate!

And go fetch Pvt. Williams! He's been neglecting equipment maintenance...AGAIN.

Edited by Commissar Pancakes

Bah! Williams! He said that the old "Powersword-in-the-appendix" routine was sure to work.

The eggheads hyperventilate when any of the female Xenonauts walks by the lab. I think they're used to it. Well, as used to unexpected 1970s equality as they're likely to get anyway.