Weapon Editor - The Quartermaster's Armory

Quartermaster

Yes.. a friend just went to Australia to study, and she was pretty decent at maths. Then she totally bombed on the first test, and apparently it was because she used commas instead of periods.

I thought math was supposed to be a universal language :P

Seriously they failed her because of commas instead of periods? It should have been possible to dechiper what she meant, obvious even.

Haha, yeah.

Yes. Definitely. I mean, you know your student isn't from around there, and they give you these crazy answers that would in fact be correct if you made a dot without a tail.. Unless she did the calculus wrong because they used punctuation in the assignments, but that seems unreasonable. We're so global now. If I see 10,000 I think 10k. If I see 10.000 later the same day, I still think 10k. IF you put them next to each other, I would start thinking. But since I'm so screwed by not being just a Norwegian citizen but a global one, I'd say that 10.000 was 10, and the 10,000 was 10k.

However I'm horrible at maths. I only have the bare minimum that you're supposed to have and still get your A-levels, SAT's or what ever it's called in the different countries. (General Studies Competence here)

Woah, talk about derailing QM's thread. Again. Sorry QM!

Edit; when opening weapons.xml the values are with commas. However in notepad, they are not. So OpenOffice get's it, and changes it to how it's done in my region. Changing only the pistol decimals didn't help. And I'm not sure how Xenonauts will react if I change every point to a comma. :P I'll jsut wait for your genius solution. :D

Edited by IceVamp

Tomorrow or Wednesday night will be when I will update the download for the latest version. I had it completed for 9.5, but 9.5.1 changed the files so I still need to do a bit of an overhaul. The program is holding value changes pretty effectively and seems to be working well. This next version should allow for quick, easy value changing.

I've just finished some fixes to the code to make it compatible with version 10.2 of Xenonauts. The code is now capable of handling whether or not a weapon is integrated (the light drone blaster), the new smoke and fire probabilities, and will update the files based on changes in values. Here are the links to download the latest code and executable installs:

Installation: Installation

Code: Raw Code

Unlike previously I am also including some strings, weapons, and weapons_gc XML files, because of some problems with the ones that are currently out that make the application unable to function properly (mixed methods for smoke and fire). You can download the files here:

Modified Files

The fixes include:

- Alenium Grenades and Medpacks are now labeled correctly in game

- The weapons file now has firechance and smokechance values for ALL weapons that create an explosion (previously the weapons that still had the old data structure produced no smoke or fire -> See the incendiary rocket)

- Weapons currently not implemented were cut out (except for the gas, stun, and alien grenades)

- Slight balance changes including:

- AP rockets now do less damage than fragmentation rockets and have a smaller radius, but has significantly higher armor mitigation.

- Incendiary rockets create much more fire than previously.

- The scatterlaser now has an ammo capacity of 40 and shoots 5 shot bursts. The damage and armor mitigation were also increased. Burst fire AP and accuracy reduced to make it more on par with an upgraded machinegun.

- Fragmentation grenades now do less damage (damage 60; stun 30).

- Alenium grenades now actually do 50% more damage (damage 90; stun 45)

- Weapons coordinated with weapons_gc (show the same values).

New Update 5/14/2012

As a note this is probably the first version that I would consider fully functioning for quick editing everything except for the rocket launcher. As you make changes with this version they are tracked and the data that Xenonauts uses can be successfully replaced when you use "Update->Replace Current Files". Please see the first post for step by step instructions on how to edit things. As always, I recommend having backups of the files just in case.

Main additions with the latest code are that it should be compatible with other countries now and you can now change the images of weapons usig the "..." button next to them. Please let me know if you have any troubles or if everything works okay so I have a good idea how it is working for others. Here are the links to download the latest code and executable installs:

Installation: Installation

Code: Raw Code

For this version I would prefer if you continued to use the weapon and string files that I have updated. You can still use the old files, but the weapon files that Xenonauts is using to control whether or not an explosion creates smoke or an explosion are not fully functioning for some things (incendiary rockets are an example). You can download the files here:

Modified Files

Next update will include:

- A new display for the rocket launcher so that you can edit the rockets

- Ability to change the impact and projectile spectres

Is it working for you now, IceVamp? I still get an 'unhandled exception' when I try to Update->Replace Data Files.

Sorry for not getting to it, but I still have not tried working on your error yet. Would it be okay if I sent a special version of the program to you for debugging purposes? I currently do not have much in the way of error catching in the code, but I think once I know where the error is occurring that might be to modify the code so that it works on your computer.

There is no code that we know of to allow triggering of explosives by anything other than the result of a projectile hitting (like a grenade) or something being damaged (like a good old explosive barrel being shot).

No delayed fuses or proximity triggers for example.

Maybe if Chris gets the basis for prox grenades done before release then it would be doable.

• 5 weeks later...

Please hold off on downloads for a few days. I will make a post once I have made changes that will make it compatible with the current version. As a heads up for those that like to fiddle with the game there appears to be 3 new properties for weapons: isHeavy (a boolean tag that is necessary for all weapons), suppressionValue (needed for both single and burst fire), and suppressionRadius (needed for both single and burst fire). In general it looks like suppressionValue and suppressionRadius are higher for burst fire.

Just finished updating the editor so that it can handle V12. Additions include the following:

- You can now edit the different ammunitions for weapons (like the rocket launcher)

- It can now handle the isHeavy tag

- It can now handle suppression variables (suppressionValue and suppressionRadius)

- Now handles toxin gas

You can download the new version at the same place as previously:

Application: Executable

Code: Code

Before running the program, fix the following mistake in weapons_gc (the burstfire tag was unclosed and it had no ap and accuracy parameters):

- Find the entry for the lightdroneblaster

- Replace the BurstFire line with this:

<BurstFire ap="32" accuracy="55" sound="Weapon Alien Plasma" delay="0.8" shotCount="5" suppressionValue="50" suppressionRadius="4"/>

- As a note these are the same AP and accuracy for the machinegun as I had nothing to base these on.

- Save the changes

Edited by Quartermaster
More information

This is mainly for Chris, but if anyone knows I would like to know the answer to this so that I can correct it in the program. So I have realized that I missed a tag for updating the program files that affects the function of melee weapons (just the medikit right now). This is mainly for my information, but does anyone know why there is a "isMelee" tag in properties and also a melee weapon type? It seems repetitive and I am wondering if the purpose for the isMelee tag is for any weapon that has a melee attack (for example pistol whipping an alien) or simply repetitive and I need to have it included for any "Melee" weapon.

I don't know but these are the assumptions I made about those flags when I saw them.

The bullettype flag seems to affect how the weapon projectile operates, for example bullettype=grenade seems to be what gives the projectile its arc.

I would assume that bullettype=melee would have a similar effect, maybe something like the shot doesn't deviate from its target on a miss for example.

isHeavy and isIntegrated both have effects that are not directly to do with projectiles but are needed for the weapon to be treated in other ways outside of firing.

Following from that line of thought I would assume that the isMelee tag is to tell the game that the weapon is melee ranged before firing, for example by not allowing you to attempt an attack on anything outside of the melee range.

As I said those are just assumptions, I would like to hear what they really do ;)

Quartermaster - feel free to PM me with questions if you have any when we update things. I don't check the forums as much as I used to so that'll definitely get my attention.

I think the isMelee command is the important one of the two, I'm not sure "melee" type does anything any more.

The code is up to date with the current version of the game. It can now handle the isMelee and isHypervelocity tags for weapons. Everything is up to date and seems to be working fine. Please let me know if you are having any difficulties. As per the usual, replace the current files with those in the fixedfiles zip file. The files are coordinated with one another unlike the vanilla files (names match between weapons & weapons_gc, etc.).

Downloads

Installation Files: Installation Files

Fixed Files: Fixed Files

Code: Raw Code (For those that are interested)

Also is there any way to change the name of the thread so that it reflects which version of the game it is updated with?

• 3 weeks later...
Toadstoned where have you placed the editor? In your xenonauts folder or somewhere else?

Oh, I guess that could be a problem. I extracted the app to my desktop. Let me try it from the Xenonauts install folder.

:edit:

Phew that was a mess to deal with. After extracting it to the install location, it was giving me an error saying it can't run as its installed on my desktop... So after I was able to get it uninstalled and get it installed to the Xenonauts install directory, I get the same error as I did before. It can't find the location of the Xenonauts install path. I tried a copy and paste of the install path that it asks for, but as it did last time, it can't find the Xenonauts install path.

Edited by T04dSt0n3d

Hmm weird...

Quartermasters post in page 9 seems to have a function that allows you to set the path to your xenonauts folder for the editor... Later versions should have that too right?

Same thing on the OP download and same for the fixed files at the bottom of the OP.

33z8zkh.jpg

When I type Xenonauts install path into the field, it just reverts back to the same screen. It just doesn’t accept the input.

Edited by T04dSt0n3d