Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Weapon Editor - The Quartermaster's Armory

Quote Originally Posted by IceVamp View Post
    Yes.. a friend just went to Australia to study, and she was pretty decent at maths. Then she totally bombed on the first test, and apparently it was because she used commas instead of periods.
    I thought math was supposed to be a universal language

Seriously they failed her because of commas instead of periods? It should have been possible to dechiper what she meant, obvious even.

Haha, yeah.

Yes. Definitely. I mean, you know your student isn't from around there, and they give you these crazy answers that would in fact be correct if you made a dot without a tail.. Unless she did the calculus wrong because they used punctuation in the assignments, but that seems unreasonable. We're so global now. If I see 10,000 I think 10k. If I see 10.000 later the same day, I still think 10k. IF you put them next to each other, I would start thinking. But since I'm so screwed by not being just a Norwegian citizen but a global one, I'd say that 10.000 was 10, and the 10,000 was 10k.

However I'm horrible at maths. I only have the bare minimum that you're supposed to have and still get your A-levels, SAT's or what ever it's called in the different countries. (General Studies Competence here)

Woah, talk about derailing QM's thread. Again. Sorry QM!

Edit; when opening weapons.xml the values are with commas. However in notepad, they are not. So OpenOffice get's it, and changes it to how it's done in my region. Changing only the pistol decimals didn't help. And I'm not sure how Xenonauts will react if I change every point to a comma. I'll jsut wait for your genius solution.
    Last edited by IceVamp; 04-27-2012 at 00:36.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Tomorrow or Wednesday night will be when I will update the download for the latest version. I had it completed for 9.5, but 9.5.1 changed the files so I still need to do a bit of an overhaul. The program is holding value changes pretty effectively and seems to be working well. This next version should allow for quick, easy value changing.

Thanks QM!
    "This is a primitive culture. I am here to facilitate its incorporation"

New Update

I've just finished some fixes to the code to make it compatible with version 10.2 of Xenonauts. The code is now capable of handling whether or not a weapon is integrated (the light drone blaster), the new smoke and fire probabilities, and will update the files based on changes in values. Here are the links to download the latest code and executable installs:

Installation: Installation
    Code: Raw Code

Unlike previously I am also including some strings, weapons, and weapons_gc XML files, because of some problems with the ones that are currently out that make the application unable to function properly (mixed methods for smoke and fire). You can download the files here:
    Modified Files

The fixes include:
    - Alenium Grenades and Medpacks are now labeled correctly in game
    - The weapons file now has firechance and smokechance values for ALL weapons that create an explosion (previously the weapons that still had the old data structure produced no smoke or fire -> See the incendiary rocket)
    - Weapons currently not implemented were cut out (except for the gas, stun, and alien grenades)
    - Slight balance changes including:
    - AP rockets now do less damage than fragmentation rockets and have a smaller radius, but has significantly higher armor mitigation.
    - Incendiary rockets create much more fire than previously.
    - The scatterlaser now has an ammo capacity of 40 and shoots 5 shot bursts. The damage and armor mitigation were also increased. Burst fire AP and accuracy reduced to make it more on par with an upgraded machinegun.
    - Fragmentation grenades now do less damage (damage 60; stun 30).
    - Alenium grenades now actually do 50% more damage (damage 90; stun 45)
    - Weapons coordinated with weapons_gc (show the same values).

Aww yeah.
    I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

New Update 5/14/2012
    As a note this is probably the first version that I would consider fully functioning for quick editing everything except for the rocket launcher. As you make changes with this version they are tracked and the data that Xenonauts uses can be successfully replaced when you use "Update->Replace Current Files". Please see the first post for step by step instructions on how to edit things. As always, I recommend having backups of the files just in case.

Main additions with the latest code are that it should be compatible with other countries now and you can now change the images of weapons usig the "..." button next to them. Please let me know if you have any troubles or if everything works okay so I have a good idea how it is working for others. Here are the links to download the latest code and executable installs:

Installation: Installation
    Code: Raw Code

For this version I would prefer if you continued to use the weapon and string files that I have updated. You can still use the old files, but the weapon files that Xenonauts is using to control whether or not an explosion creates smoke or an explosion are not fully functioning for some things (incendiary rockets are an example). You can download the files here:
    Modified Files

Next update will include:
    - A new display for the rocket launcher so that you can edit the rockets
    - Ability to change the impact and projectile spectres

Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    Is it working for you now, IceVamp? I still get an 'unhandled exception' when I try to Update->Replace Data Files.
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.

Quote Originally Posted by XenoNUT View Post
    Is it working for you now, IceVamp? I still get an 'unhandled exception' when I try to Update->Replace Data Files.
    Sorry for not getting to it, but I still have not tried working on your error yet. Would it be okay if I sent a special version of the program to you for debugging purposes? I currently do not have much in the way of error catching in the code, but I think once I know where the error is occurring that might be to modify the code so that it works on your computer.

Portlandia, Cascadia ___________ Wet Coast USA
    Sure, if you get the time I'd certainly be willing to try it and get back to you with the results.
    I'm not really one of those loony tinfoil-hat, black helicopter, UFO types... just not very creative.