Future game...?

Okay, I realize Xenonauts will take some time to be called finished eventually, but it's a bloody fun game, isn't it? So let's see what else could be done - seeing how you guys have rather successfully brought the original UFO game into this day and age I have a question that might sound a little weird at this point in time, but - will we ever see a 'modern' version of XCom Apocalypse? I love that game and would also love a new version of it, and who better to make it than you Goldhawk guys?

And again, I know Xenonauts will take some more time etc etc ... this is just thinking aloud (and wishful thinking at the same time) but still, it's what a forum is for, no?

I would say I'd be stunned if their next game was X-Com related, but currently being stunned means I never get back up again :)

I would have like to have seen a lot of the Apocalypse related goodness in this game, to be honest.

Move by squads.

Modular craft

More detailed funding relationships.

I could see an expansion pack with more maps, more weapons, improved mechanics and better AI. As far as a whole new UFO game, I doubt we'll see that for a long time, if ever. The game really needs a new ground combat/maps engine if it is too move forward in a big way. If I was Chris, I'd take a LONG VACATION after Xenonauts is released and the first couple patches are out. After working constantly long hours on the same project for four years anyone needs a break.

Edited by StellarRat

To be fair I reckon this game took off far beyond what was expected at the start and I think Chris has done a good job of preventing too much feature creep from the original design.

It would have been easy to get carried away when the support started ramping up and trying to cram in feature after feature.

Save the additional stuff for Xenonauts 2: Fear from the Depths or Xenonauts 3: Ragnarok

I should probably have said

"I would have like to have seen a lot of the Apocalypse related goodness in this game,from the start,to be honest." That's really what I was thinking. As part of the initial design document as opposed to anything thrown in later on down the path.

Xenonauts 2: Terror from the Thothkins - A group of inept and clumsy aliens attempts to destroy world by trying to capture enough gasoline stations to relaunch their Mothership that crashed in the Atlantic because the Navigator did exactly what the GPS (Galactic Positioning System) told him to do.

Save the additional stuff for Xenonauts 2: Fear from the Depths or Xenonauts 3: Ragnarok

I am waiting anxiously for Xenonauts. I really want the game to succeed where all others have failed. So, I do not care about Xenonauts 2 or 3 at all, at this moment. Surpassing the original X-COM:EU and X-COM:TFTD is a feat that hasn't been accomplished by anyone so far.

I get the feeling that some people do not quite understand that.

I am waiting anxiously for Xenonauts. I really want the game to succeed where all others have failed. So, I do not care about Xenonauts 2 or 3 at all, at this moment. Surpassing the original X-COM:EU and X-COM:TFTD is a feat that hasn't been accomplished by anyone so far.

I get the feeling that some people do not quite understand that.

Well, if any game has a chance this is it. It's damn good already and going to get better. The AI is already better the OG and TFTD, IMO and it's not even done. I'm so glad they are listening the players because it is really helping get the game to that status. It's reassuring that hard work, perseverance and quality are still qualities that some game developers have. We wouldn't have such a good game if Chris and Company just wanted to take the money and run. Edited by StellarRat