Xenonauts mentioned by TotalBiscuit, again.

John Bain, aka TotalBisuit, TotalHalibut, and the Cynical Brit, is a widely-watched Youtube game commentator focused on PC titles. His "WTF Is ..." series provides first-look impressions of games, with a significant focus on indie titles. It's definitely fair to say that his growing influence in the indie market is significant: there are many instances of a game's radically increased popularity and sales after getting positive attention on his channel.

Right, so the above was by way of introduction for those who have never heard of TotalBiscuit (a smaller group every month, probably). He did a "WTF Is Xenonauts?" video in September of 2011, and I bring him and his Youtube channel up now because today he mentioned Xenonauts whilst

(which he has repeatedly pointed out is a fun but seriously flawed game). He's "looking into Xenonauts," he tells his viewers. It seems likely that he will be revisiting Xenonauts soon, perhaps after Beta ends?

Chris has said that Xenonauts has sold strongly on Steam as an Early Access title. More positive attention from TotalBiscuit could ramp up the response to Xenonauts, and its sales, even more.

RPS also did a video presentation on Xenonauts not too long ago:

[video=youtube;AJu9JW3_08E]

It's kinda bland and I'm not sure if it's of benefit to the game so I didn't feel like making a thread about it. But RPS's always been good to Xenonauts so I shouldn't complain I guess.

Edited by Jean-Luc

Totalbiscuit is by far the best reviewer online. Love that guy. His lets plays (WTF is series) are very informative and funny as he..

AND my god that guy has sold millions of gamecopies on behalf of devs. I have bought 10+ games just from his WTF is series and now devs send him beta and gold versions of their games begging him to do a WTF is of the game.

Chris should contact him if he hasn't done so already.

Edited by Spookyashell

His PR guy has contacted us already, I've given him a key. One would hope they'll cover the game post-release. I'm not sure he'll cover the game now, then again after release too (given he's already covered us once).

He does indeed sell a great deal of copies. He was the cause of the original Paypal Incident.

One would hope they'll cover the game post-release. I'm not sure he'll cover the game now, then again after release too (given he's already covered us once).

In yesterday's video he stressed that he's still interested in playing a turn-based, XCOM-like game that doesn't provide the Enemy Unknown frustrations. Also, he's covered several Early Access titles in the recent weeks, and discussed at length the pros and cons of Steam's Early Access program. Given that he also presented a pre-release version of Xenonauts already, I can't imagine he'd revisit the game before release.

As to whether he'll feature Xenonauts again at all, I''d say the odds are very high. He's personally interested in the game, which is a key factor in his game choice (cf

). And lastly, I'd bet that the fact that Xenonauts is not a side-scrolling platformer, brawler, tower-defense game, action-RPG, or any of the other common archetypes makes it more attractive for a second "WTF IS ...?" TB may love brawlers (and CCG's, and FPS's) but he also relishes presenting titles that are distinct from the indie masses.

I'd bet money on a second Xenonauts presentation.

This video is SO PAINFUL! >_<

He didn't use the side doors on the helicopter and moved his heavy weapons a few squared every time before firing when he had a clear shot.

Definitely my biggest issue with watching game previews, I find myself skipping through vids when that starts happening. TotalBiscuit at least has enough experience to sometimes start talking about another topic so you don't need to watch him fail horribly. Just alt-tab and listed like it is a pod cast =P