'Herding' question

Greetings all, long-time lurker and my first post.

I've seen reference to 'herding' aliens to improve reaction time statistics, but not how people are doing this. Is this an exploit of a bug that will be corrected? Do LMG's have reaction fire as I've not seen this so far?

Can somebody please explain, as I'd like to understand the mechanics?

Cheers,

Viggo

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5737-Drunky-s-gaming-advice-tips-because-I-m-drinking

It's been somewhat fixed in V19 as the Sebillians have been given just as long of a sight range as the Xenonauts. If you are still using the standard Steam build, though, you have a longer sight range than the Sebs and can just sit at the edge of being able to see them and shoot at them. They will keep running away till they hit the edge of the map, then slide along the edge of the map without ever shooting back at you.

You shoot them while it's their turn, if they move and don't just spin in place you get a reaction shot. Preferably with pistols so that you miss a lot and they live long enough to skill up all of your soldiers.

End result is something like this

Stat gains2.jpg

Stat gains2.jpg

577e7cb34e7d3_Statgains2.thumb.jpg.a7e77

Edited by svidangel

Svidangel,

Thanks for the clarification. As it now stands then the 'herding' mechanic was a sight range exploit that has been addressed in the latest build, and there is no reason to assume it will revert to the exploitable version.

In that case, increasing reaction fire the 'old fashioned way' will be the only way to improve this stat.

It would be interesting to have any Xenonaut training facility that incrementally increase single stats over a long period of time, so that over the course of an entire game maybe there is a 5-15% increase in certain stats without raising them via missions.