Thread: Having trouble with ground missions...

Having trouble with ground missions...

So yeah was playing my first ground mission and having a lot of fun but I have now been in it two hours and scoured the entire map with 3 people in the UFO for at least 10 turns and no aliens in sight but it still wont finish...
    What do i do!?!?!? D:

Elected Chryssalid Hugger anotherdevil's Avatar
    what version are you running?
    "What are you gonna do, talk the alien to death?"
    - James Cameron, on Sigourney Weaver's concern about the use of guns in Aliens

Hmmm. Were you able to clear both parts of the UFO? It has two sections. One is occasionally inaccessible due to bad map design.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Hmmm. Were you able to clear both parts of the UFO? It has two sections. One is occasionally inaccessible due to bad map design.
    .... And my very first question has already been answered. Thanks Chris. Another preorder customer here. Xenonauts looks fantastic. Will have to try that first mission again

Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by eejaybee View Post
    So yeah was playing my first ground mission and having a lot of fun but I have now been in it two hours and scoured the entire map with 3 people in the UFO for at least 10 turns and no aliens in sight but it still wont finish...
    What do i do!?!?!? D:
    If there is a part of the UFO you cant seem to get in then try using the rocket launcher or the vehicle (hunter) with rockets to blast the place to pieces and in doing so generally kill any aliens inside.

Herm, so I've started two new games and both times I've had the same exact map on the first ground mission. There seems to be no way to penetrate into the UFO interior. Am I doing something wrong or am I just an unlucky victim of the map bug?

Is there a way to abort a mission?

Unlucky mostly. You could save the game right when you start the mission and load that save. It'll start the mission again, and you might get lucky with a new map.
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

What! Not play in ironman mode! I'd almost rather just never do ground missions

The new version should fix this. In V8.5 there was a 1/3 chance the UFO would spawn in an inaccessible location but that should now be 0%.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Wow! From my perspective that was a very prompt fix