Ever Increasing Load Times and Decreasing Framerates

I've been playing the game quite a bit recently, and I've noticed as I continue to play, my load times for the Battlescape continue to increase to the point where I can no longer actually load the Battlescape in any kind of reasonable space of time. The last Battlescape I ran was hovering at 10-20 FPS when usually I'm running between 50-60 on any Battlescape before that last game. I wondered if the Battlescape was trying to load a bunch of old data, so I made a copy of my current save and deleted all of my autosave data and other game saves but to no avail. I don't believe this is a save file issue, and I was wondering if anyone had similar issues and any ways to resolve it. I want to play some Xenonauts!

It's a medium UFO, and I've hit the Battlescape on those a number of times before with no issues. The computer is not new but the specs are:

Manufacturer: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Model: ASUS Notebook G73Jh Series

Processor: IntelĀ® Core i7 CPU Q720 @ 1.6GHz

Installed memory: 6.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Also this is the Steam version of the game.

Edited by Dreamshift

I used the AMD auto detect program and my drivers are up to date. And I have tried multiple reboots but to no avail, including full shut downs. I've deleted all my saves and tried a new game, but still the problem persists. I think my next plan of action is to completely re-install the program, and make sure my Desura copy isn't causing any issues either. If these plans fail, I will return in search of more answers. I can't think of anything significant that changed regarding my computer from when it was working fine, to when it was not.

I did a complete reinstall but it did nothing for the load. If it helps, I still get the music but when I Control+Alt+Delete it says the program is not responding (probably because its trying to load the Battlescape, so I don't think that's terribly useful).

Sorry it wasn't clear but does closing the game or restarting the computer clear the problem temporarily?

Bah can't believe I just used a variation of 'turn it off and back on'...

Have you tried turning it off and on again?????

Sounds like a memory leak or something >.>

Edited by Borsek

I'm not particularly computer savvy, but what I wikki-ed sounds like it; but it said that it usually stops once the application is terminated. But it does conform to the degenerative effect I seem to be seeing; although at this point its become a totality. If somehow it was a memory leak though, wouldn't have the uninstall and reinstall have fixed that? or at least reset it?

Just in case, I ran Never Winter Nights 2 (while not a terribly taxing game, more so than Xenonauts is for sure) to see if it was the computer, but it ran it at the 60 FPS I expect with low to mid graphics games on this computer. I don't think its my computer.

When I was able to play the Battlescape, the resting rate was 50 FPS; when I would scroll, move a unit, wait for reactionary fire, or any other kind of actual animation the frame rate went down to 10-20 FPS. Prior to this last Battlescape game, I could have moved two units at the same time and would see only 2-5 FPS reduction from the resting 60 FPS. But I couldn't tell you want the current FPS is in Battlescape since I can't actually get past the load screen for it.

To take you through my experience: I load a game, down a UFO, send the Dropship to the location, hit engage, wait a few seconds to see the cursor change to the Battlescape cursor, hear music, and then no change after that--it seems to get stuck.

Imo this is a system error with your computer. If you could post up a dxdiag file, it could help pinpoint any obvious issues with your system taht may be causing the problems with the game.

Click start > in search type DXDIAG and hit enter

On the screen that appears at the bottom is the option to "save all information", chose this and save the file to your desktop

Then copy/paste the contents of it here and we can take a look at it for you.

Hadrian already asked what I would do now, please attach a dxdiag to this thread.

To run a dxdiag:

Open the start menu

Type in " run "

Type in dxdiag

Press Ok on the dialogue window

Wait until the program finishes gathering information (loading bar on the bottom)

Press Save data to a file...

And paste the content here or attach the .txt file

Its for crashsites right? Not terror missions?

And loading the savegame from the Geoscape results in the same problem?

I've noticed some slowdowns in a few missions, and only found a few obvious reasons (lots of flares/fire/smoke).