Disabling Nightmissions?

Hawkins

Is there a way to make Missions always use Daytime?

Currently Nightmissions are not very fun and quite frustrating for me so i would like to turn them off till they get changed (or Nightvision goggles get implemented).

Alternatively, is it possible to edit the Savefile of a Nightmission to switch it to daytime? With a Hex Editor maybe?

So far, I've not really had too many issues waiting around in the chinook. It's not like the old days where it would run out of fuel far more easily or get blown out of the sky at the drop of a hat >sigh< I kinda miss those days...

Missing the odd mission isn't that game breaking at the moment. The game gives you the early one's on a plate so you get started on the R&D path.

In Xenonauts assets directory, in the config.xml file, change "<LOSNightMultiplier>0.6</LOSNightMultiplier>" to "<LOSNightMultiplier>1.0</LOSNightMultiplier>"; this doesn't quite disable night missions, but makes them more manageable.

I find the night mission quite funny..it's realistic that a mission into the dark were a bit..hazardous..but in the late 70's the nightvision googles were widely used..(i remember some special ops in Vietnam and the six days war,and the german used the first them for the first time at the end of ww2..)i feel realistic that a ultra elite organization like the xenonauts have some of them in their array...

it's an idea..but i fell the flares too costly in term of TUS.. it would be nice and useful if the cost in action points are halved,and for balancing the reduction the nr of flares fixed or added in the inventory,like a normal granade..i fell strange seeing a soldier with 10000000000000000000000 of flares into the backpack :)

rocket would be a nice surplus...but phosphorous rocket would be nicer and useful since rockets rarely makes fire...

One of the issues with night missions is that Aliens are seemingly uninhibited and there's a few bugs with actually seeing aliens.

Currently night is different and harder than day, in which case most players would feel disadvantaged for playing at night when they could as easily play in day.

Night missions need to be more different to day, without a significant increase in difficulty.

If you want, install my timelines mod. It doesn't disable night missions, but it helps you time things to avoid having to deal with them. In my most recent run I managed to make it to my first alien base without having to worry about night stuff. (Alien bases are ALWAYS night missions no matter the time... I hate alien base assaults.)

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5103-Timelines-Geoscape-mod

I find the night mission quite funny..it's realistic that a mission into the dark were a bit..hazardous..but in the late 70's the nightvision googles were widely used..(i remember some special ops in Vietnam and the six days war,and the german used the first them for the first time at the end of ww2..)i feel realistic that a ultra elite organization like the xenonauts have some of them in their array...

Doesn't this game take place in the mid 60s?