power source research

Hello@all,

have a problem with power source research.

4 power sources captured and stored but can't reasearch them.

Now my reasrch tree is empty. Last reasearch I did was buzzard scout amour.

What did I wrong? Is there a workaround for this problem?

Please help.

best regrads

disc0rdi4n

Edited by Disc0rdi4n

I know that time...The Pacifist alien AI.

I belive it was in 18.3 when they did go for soldiers and not for civvies...I Always thought to me in that version...The is a civilian right there...Why you comin here?

Also can you sum up the landing ship + UFO powersource?

There isn't a topic for Alien Power Sources exactly. Capturing one unlocks Alenium research, since the Power Source topic didn't do anything but unlock Alenium which is actually useful.

Landing Ships unlock a ton of topics (advanced armour, T3 explosives and aircraft, and T2 Aircraft if you haven't fought androns yet). They use a different power core though, so if you haven't captured a Power Source you're out of luck. But that's incredibly unlikely.

Currently, you only have to capture 1 in the whole game (though don't blow them up or you don't get as much Alenium). The rest can be safely sold (except in my mod).

What does your mod do in that categorry...I didn' read it very carefully...I saw that you balanced the prices,weapons and you put more aliens in ships...

Also this is a thing I want to tell you...Would you mind if you made a A and B version without the more aliens in scouts(B) and with more(A).I would want B :)

Just changed the days required in manufactures.xml.

And more what? If you don't want the increased alien numbers, just don't use the stuff in the ufocontents folder. You'll get less money though.

Oh, and trying to get aircraft to use alien power cores, but it might be buggy, still testing.

Open the file (I use Excel, but you can use notepad or something, with unitdays being the first number for an entry), look under

'unit days' where it intersects with the manufacture item. Then just change the number (its 1 engineer day x the number, so an item with 300 would take 30 engineers 10 days).