Rename "Alien Alloy Fabrication" research; it's confusing

Hey,

Fabrication is manufacturing stuff. We can't manufacture alien alloys. The name makes little sense, then.

We can, however, manipulate them. Perhaps renaming the research to Alien Alloy Manipulation, or something similar, would be much less confusing. I've seen at least two people (and myself, actually so that makes three at the least) that thought that after this research we could manufacture alloys, which we can't.

Anyway, I figured this would be a simple fix that would reduce a good amount of confusion.

Yeah, I'll have to agree to this. Alien Alloy Forging? I'm not sure if this is just as confusing.

I think the current name dates from a time when we used to be able to make them?

Edited by Sathra

It is a misleading title.

I'm unsure of what an appropriate replacement name is, my (most likely) useless ideas:

Alien Alloy Interrogation

Alien Alloy Recycling

Alloy Salvaging

basically anything that is similar to re-use is better then an adjective that has a connotation with production/creating

Having considered this, there are a few possibilities that spring to mind if the objective to retain "Alien Alloy".

Alien Alloy Smelting

Alien Alloy Shaping (or Reshaping)

Alien Alloy Modelling

Alien Alloy Retooling (or AA Fabrication Retooling)

Alien Alloy Machining

Alien Alloy Industrialisation

Alien Alloy Manipulation

Personally, I think the entire title should be diteched in favour of something like "Advanced Fabrication Methods" or something along those lines.