Money woes (2 months into the game)

I've played the game for a while now, mostly checking out the releases leading up to beta, and I've had a great time.

When beta came, I decided to try and see how long I could survive, since I'm new to this type of games.

I've clocked about 10 hours in my current game (according to steam), and so far I think I've done pretty good. I've done 4 terror missions, 2 or 3 medium ships, and countless scouts. My team has taken very few losses, and everyone have the wolf armour, and laser weapons.

The biggest problem for me now is money, I've done all the missions I can, only lost a few aircraft, manufactured minimum amount of equipment, built an extra hangar, lab and workshop, yet I'm strapped for cash.

I have focused on research and manufacturing, so that my soldiers have the best equipment, both armour and weapons.

I don't feel that I have wasted my money, yet my money is constantly low. At this point in my game, UFOs are becoming rarer, which significantly hampers my money making capability. The money I make quickly gets eaten up by production of either new weapons (plasma), or into new aircraft (the condor replacement).

I've read around, and while I get that money is a part of the difficulty in this game, I feel like I'm missing something when it comes to making money. Is this just me, if so, what can I do differently? if not, how do you cope with it?

On a slight sidenote:

When did they change it so that the helicopter can't carry 8 troops and an armoured car?, and what's up with the absurd manufacturing time on the 3rd aircraft (condor replacement)? I've just researched it, and I hope it's good, because that's a huge time investment.

To those that have played for a few months into the game, how many labs/workshops and scientists/workers should I aim for?

Thank you for reading my post, and I hope someone has any insight to my little problem.

Have a good day regardless.

Have hope, it IS possible (at month 4 atm halfway done with my corsair). Just don't get many upgrades for your ground pounders. I have 4 jackal suits and 1 wolf suit and 1 laser rifle. Everything else is stock. Air combat, is tricky to say the least. You need to micro the crap out of your condors bc they're made of glass and have your foxtrot B-Line it the heck out as soon as its missiles are gone (screen with condors via afterburners so foxtrot isn't slaughtered). Aircraft are the biggest time+money sinks. I have 15 scientists atm and have only 2 things left for plasma research (opted not to do it bc monies) buzzard suits are done, shields are done, lasers obviously, loads of other stuff - most research is done in a few days with 15 scientists so long as you only research one thing at a time. Engineers I have 15 and need more but can't afford it (2 bases seems mando).

Not sure how long I can sustain this off of luck and 'skill' with ballistics and condors but we'll see :)

Like Stellar said, but do keep in mind that the game will be a lot less fun and tense if you can afford everything you want.
Yes, please keep in mind that with experience you'll have less problems. You need think about the difficulty levels in the long run. Right now, assume they are set to normal not easy.