Alien Class Analysis Mod

Max_Caine

• 2 weeks later...

I've redesigned pictures to look like orientation course/information posters from cold war era, ones you could expect in the briefing room and barracks.

They are also a bit easier for the eyes now, and (hopefully) don't clash that much with the official art, while still providing you with quick means of identification. But since pics are stylized for posters which are designed to be printed, they contain a lot of text (huge thanks to Max for clearing all this mess from my spelling efferts).

So, if you guys will find out the text to be bothersome, too small, uninformative, etc, i'll try to make an alternative version with some close-ups and only most important text (which will be quite BIG). Leave your suggestions.

Anyways, it was very fun to do. Thank you all for the support and interest. Thank you Max, your ideas are great and collaboration skills are even better. And thanks to GH team. You guys rock. Please continue to do so.

I think it sounds right without the s but that could just be me, what do others think?

Also on the wraith poster on the first page the phrase 'wraiths are shortly disoriented after relocation, use this at your advantage' doesn't read properly.

Maybe consider 'Wraiths are temporarily disoriented after relocation, use this to your advantage'.

On the Reaper poster 'any soldiers suspected in contamination' could probably say 'any soldier suspected of contamination' although it doesn't mention what the risk of contamination is ;)

Sorry I had too much free time on my hands!

Also on the wraith poster on the first page the phrase 'wraiths are shortly disoriented after relocation, use this at your advantage' doesn't read properly.

Maybe consider 'Wraiths are temporarily disoriented after relocation, use this to your advantage'.

Dammit, i forgot to fix that for "briefly". "Temporarily" will be ok too.

On the Reaper poster 'any soldiers suspected in contamination' could probably say 'any soldier suspected of contamination' although it doesn't mention what the risk of contamination is

Ok, i'll fix that too.

Risk of contamination and detailed info should be given on briefings and how-do-you-call-that-lessons-for-soldiers.

These posters are only for general notification.

Since the contamination, in fact, is a messy, terrifying, gross penetration by a huge oviduct, and is pretty hard to miss, i'd omit such description in the posters that supposed to be motivational.

Guys, english is not my strong point. And if somebody would be kind enough to point at my mistakes, i can be only grateful.

Just note whether it's a clear mistake or just a better variant. It's easier to learn this way.

Edited by a333

• 2 weeks later...
I hope that a333 will come and say something about his work. I would like to say on both a333's and my behalf thank-you to everyone who has commented so far. And wow! Bundled with the game as a mod? Well, that's all the incentive I need! While I love the positive messages, I would appreciate any criticism or thoughts you might like to give as we continue to release more of the class guide.

Some notes on the descriptive text.

Getting the right level of dry wit is very hard. It's really easy to make the Director of Research appear as if he hates everyone and everything, and that isn't how the DoR is presented in the offical xenopedia text. The DoR strikes me as a man who knows just how smart he is, he's more than a little egocentric and he has a very strong alpha male personality. He's probably published, and he's in the best position possible to be the father of not simply one branch of science, but a flourishing oaken tree. His peers are the ones who can keep up with him, and everyone else? Well, I imagine in his world the important people are the people who actually figure out how things work, and no-one but his peers appreciates just how hard it is to get from a blank blackboard to E=mc2. To put it bluntly, he's frustrated. He'll try and tell a solider something, but because he expects the solider to keep up, rather the DoR than slow down, it'll go right over that soldier's head, which makes the DoR cross (why in God's name did I bother flapping my lips for this cloth-headed baboon?) His sarcasm draws from this bitter well, and I try to let it leak into the text without becoming overwhelming.

Like everyone else, I think these are great. If it hasn't been said already, there are some word choice things I could help improve. I wish I could clean up some of the copy in the game, too, but I don't want to step on any toes.

Guys, keep up the good work!

Rest of you ladies and gents can check this mod in action in my youtube videos.

Here is a link to V19 gameplay playlist:

I am currently working to edit the v20 gameplay, with the mod ofcource :)

I hope Chriss adds this as bundle, I will mention this at new video.

• 3 months later...

You get an autopsy for each drone which covers in depth what that drone does so there's no need to do an ACA as all classes of drone are covered. This is also true for the Praetor which is covered completely by the autopsy/interrogation. Although I'm sure a33 has sketched up drones... can't remember if he did or not.

I did?

*checks the art cellars*

Nope, i didn't. Although i certainly wanted to, but Max_Caine was like "No, we must hurry and finish our duty!" and the drone sketch idea was like "Go on without me.. avenge me.." and i've clenched my fists and said: "Damn right we will my friend".

Yep. Pretty sure that's how it was.