Video Regarding Steam Complaints

I made a quick video addressing some of the more popular complaints I've seen across the day in the Steam discussions: price point, art style, beta release, and similarity to other games. If I could get some help throwing this around the internet, it'd be much appreciated.

Also, let's play coming back soon. Still working to get to where I left off (plasma tech; not far).

That's the spirit Yeti, throw yourself into the controversy. :P

I don't know why, because it hasn't been like that for a long while now, but many people still equate "indie" with 8-bit platformers and 5$ price tags. While those things do still exist larger indie projects (along with higher prices) are pretty common today.

People are getting spoiled by 50-75% sales I think.

In any case thanks, hope it helps. I've always advocated emphasizing the new features of Xenonauts relative to X-Com '94.

Now get back to Fallout and get the fricken' car already. :D

When I hear indie, I think of a small development team that's self-publishing and (probably) won't have a public relations staff and relies on their audience for a majority of the quality assurance, but I think you're right: People hear indie and they think "Ah! One dude with MS Paint and Visual Basic! $2 game!"

It's pretty sad, really. The price seems to be the biggest issue right now, but I've gotten way more than $20-30 out of this game, and I haven't even beaten it :P

Edit: Would you be upset if I planted ticking explosives into car dude's pocket out of spite? ;P

Btw, apparently the steam "forums" move fast so fast, I've had to post three times on your video link three bloody times (with two others) just today to keep it on the "front" page.

Yes, I saw that. Thanks! The discussion thing goes ridiculously fast mid-day.

I think that video, as well as the post that included the link to the original maker of X-Com's opinion of Xenonauts, should both be locked at the top, as they both seem really insightful and potentially changing the opinion of some of the more negative posters.