Steam Early Access Release Date - 31st May

I go the Desura page and it says 'no key is required' to play. I click on 'view your cd keys' and I see Xenonauts listed there BUT NO KEY.

It lets me download the game (zip, rar, etc). But no key anywhere. ????

@ Chris

This is odd... I have not receive any e-mail with the text above, but only some survey request to fill in some info... is it possible, that there should have been another e-mail coming out once the survey was filled? Did I miss something... How exactly does it work for the KS backer?

Should I transition to PMs with you if more details are needed?

You can go to sleep because the release is Friday, and it's Friday on Valve time - they're based in Seattle, so they're quite some time behind us here in London. From our perspective the launch will be happening tomorrow afternoon / evening.

ls35a - you don't literally get a key, the "key" is included in the link encryption that you click on. If you can download the game on Desura then you've already loaded it and the "key" is already linked with your account.

So first post but I've been lurking for awhile. Is tomorrow's steam release only for people who have already purchased into the beta? I was unable to preorder do to desura not liking my credit card and was hoping I would be able to purchase it through steam instead.

So first post but I've been lurking for awhile. Is tomorrow's steam release only for people who have already purchased into the beta? I was unable to preorder do to desura not liking my credit card and was hoping I would be able to purchase it through steam instead.

From what I understand you can buy in through Steam the moment it hits as well.

Now when I try to connect it says:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /desura-connect/ on this server.

That is when I am logged in as LS35A.

It's just a forum badge but it's frustrating it doesn't work.

Yes, you'll be able to buy on Steam from tomorrow too.

And to triple check (I'm sure it has been answered before, but I could not find any explicit wording): those who purchased the beta from Desura (regular buyers-not just Kickstarter backers or those who have been in the beta for years) will get a Steam key/be able to use their Desura key to use on Steam, correct? Or will we have to repurchase the beta/pre-order on Steam?

Thanks in advance.

Well, keep waiting. I did the game install on steam, it stopped when 'unpacking game files' and now it won't restart and the 'play game' button is not active.

I'm no expert, but did you try verifying the files that were downloaded?

I suppose that you can always uninstall and reinstall the game as well.

I hope this helps.

ls35a - I've given you a badge manually. Enjoy.

Sean - yeah, anyone who has already bought the game gets a Steam key too.

Thank you! I had to re-download the game from Steam but it's working now, yippee!

I'm no expert, but did you try verifying the files that were downloaded?

I suppose that you can always uninstall and reinstall the game as well.

I hope this helps.

I found a way for steam to download the game from scratch and that worked. I'm thinking my ISP pooped out on me mid-download the first time.

I've found a major problem with downloading the latest build off of Steam on a MacBook Pro running Snow Leopard: namely, that there isn't anything to download. It's not a network or Steam problem, because I bought Humble Bundle 8 today, and the games from there are downloading just fine. But there's no downloading at all going on with Xenonauts. It's not even popping up on the download section. Is the Mac build just not up yet?