Community Map Pack

flashman

If you identify which UFO or mission that spawned it I would suggest you remove all the maps of that tileset (looks like industrial?) belonging to that ufo but one, and that way try the maps out one by one. When you identify which one it is report it back here, please and thank you. :D

Edit: hmmm part of my message was cut out for some reason :S

Edited by Gorlom

Sorry somehow part of my post had been cut out. I edited it to make it more clear.

I found it in the GCLeveleditor. The name is Industrial_SmogStink2_Lightscout_Stinky - it seems to be completely broken. All stinky maps do. I wonder if I did something terribly wrong when installing it? I unzipped the content to the assets folder.

I am using V20 Experimental v2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
comunity map pack 2 run in v20stable ?

The short answer is "yes, with the patch from the last page".

You'll need to use the industrial fix on the previous page for my industrial maps or else you can't move around large portions of the map. Also, desert maps might have a visual oddity: the normal chain link fences were replaced by more heavy duty ones with barbed wire around the top. These new ones don't have pieces with holes in to allow units through, so there'll be nothing there instead. What this means is that there'll be mysterious gaps in the line of fences. There's no gameplay effect, though.

I'm working on updating my maps but if you do download the current version, you won't run into any crashes. It's more likely there'll be Mysterious Open Spaces. If you encounter problems, please say what tileset you were on (farm, desert, arctic etc.), the type of UFO you were fighting, and if you're feeling kind, a screenshot to go with it.

Stinky I have combined the 2 map packs + your asset pack into CMP3. Hoping nothing is broken as i have not got time to check it with v20 atm.

I have moved the CMP3 rar into the shared map folder on drop box. This means that you now have full control over the contents and can update it if you want with extra maps.

My absence is painful but unfortunately I dont have much choice or time to do anything else atm. Silly ex wife :P

better but still manic! the joy of parenting 3 kids solo :)

Now that Chris has managed to get all the assets into the game i will see about playing with the map editor again at the weekend.

Light scout maps are going through some flux at the moment, so I'd avoid doing any of those. Also, check out the guidelines thread, because the experimental guidelines in there seem to have stuck for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...