Build V18.51 Released!

We really need to get it on Steam so that the team can fiddle about with it at their leisure. Easy updates without all of the pain.

As far as having a few things not quite ready, well, every game on steam starts out like this, most receiving a first day patch, followed by a shed full more. :)

Yes, but not immediately before a big release :)
Excellent news. Thanks Chris. I can wait. I hope you aren't under the impression that I'm not happy with the game. The progress has been outstanding. This is going to awesome when it's done. The AI alone puts it ahead of anything similar I've played and there is so much more than that.

After updating my game, whenever I load my save from the previous version (18.5) my game crashes. I was hoping I could continue playing without the issues I had before, where the game would crash at the end of every mission. Should I just start over ? I'm not too far in, only 3 missions or so, since it started to annoy me having to restart the game every mission basically.

After updating my game, whenever I load my save from the previous version (18.5) my game crashes. I was hoping I could continue playing without the issues I had before, where the game would crash at the end of every mission. Should I just start over ? I'm not too far in, only 3 missions or so, since it started to annoy me having to restart the game every mission basically.

Yes, do start over. Save game compatability will be an issue from version to version.

You didn't mention that flashbangs were fixed! Or maybe it was a few versions ago, I haven't played much since 18.3. Anyway, flashbangs are effective at long range now. Maybe even need to be nerfed a little now that they suppress at long ranges.

Also, there's definitely something fishy with AI sight lines.

First off, I was taking fire from Androns from at least 3 tiles out of my line-of-sight. I was using basic armor (LOS 16) and Androns supposedly have LOS 16. They fired on a newly-taken position (so the AI definitely didn't just shoot at where I was last turn) and there were no other aliens around for him to squadsight off of.

In the specific mission I'm referring to, I actually counted it at a lost cause in order to test a couple things: One, I scouted around and made sure there were no other aliens for that Andron to squadsight from (so I'm certain that Androns operate at AT LEAST 19 LOS), and I, just for shits and giggles, turned down both the Andron LOS and the Light Drone LOS to 1 in aiprops.xml. (This was a mission with just Androns and Light Drones.) Naturally, this changed absolutely nothing, so the sight values must be defined elsewhere. Possibly hardcoded into the AI files?

There's a thread in the Modding section that would be handy for you to look at, GR00V3R.

EDIT:

Here it is. Hope it helps, I didn't read through it all the way just now, but when I read it earlier it seemed very informative.

Enjoy!

http://www.goldhawkinteractive.com/forums/showthread.php/5046-Xenonauts-configuration-files

Edited by GizmoGomez