Level Editor Fix

Chris

Just a quick heads-up so everyone is aware - the current issues with the level editor are caused by the file compression in the archives. We're doing this to reduce the total number of files in the game down to a reasonable level; the latest versions of the game have about 40,000 files in them instead of 130,000 as the tiles and some of the sprites have been put inside archive files from which the game can read.

Unfortunately, the level / sub-map editor cannot read or manipulate these files when they are sealed inside the archive, so at the moment the level / sub-map editor isn't working properly.

Therefore I've put together all the tiles in the game in a 270mb zip for mappers to use here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/26290309/tiles.zip

Simply unzip the contents into the /tiles/ directory in your /assets/ folder (you may have to create this) and the game should use them without any issues, as it will load files from the /tiles/ directory before it loads them from the /tiles/ directory in its archive files.

It's great to see the community producing maps now, and I plan to sit down and give them a proper play at some point and see if more can be incorporated into the full game (Moxar already has a few in there now).

Chris this is beyond awesome.

I will test all my maps with 18.5 to see if anything is wobbly with them. They are all made in 18.3 atm.

I am going to make most of my large maps using custom submaps, my aim is to produce both submaps and maps each week to flesh things out.

I have already done this for soviet as this is this tile set needs a lot of love, however I am mixing props from the town to do so because the soviets lack props.

Such problems with archives can possibly be solved with archive unpacker in the future.

I recently stumbled upon one and posted links to it in this thread.

It worked for me on pfp's from 18.4 and 18.5.

Really sorry for posting same thing twice in different threads, but if archives cause such problems and above-linked post about unpacker, that can solve it without additional file uploads by developers, seems to be unnoticed, i think i should mention it again.