Xenonauts configuration files

Aaron

I set the initial amount from 1.5M to 99M dollars

then put the base construction cost to 50000$ (1/10 of the game setting)

reduced the upkeep of employees also to 1/10 of their initial values

raised the chance of new soldiers being woman to 99%

reised the chance a soldier will survive unharmed to a crash

Best bet would be to reset the values, then replace the changes one at a time, trying to load the game after each one. That will help narrow down whatever the problem is.

Looking at the changes you've done, the only one that might be problematic that I can think of is the final one. I assume that the total of chance killed, chance wounded and chance unharmed needs to equal 100. If it doesn't, that could be causing an issue? (Although, if that was the case, I'd expect it to happen when the event happens and not on loading the game. Thought it worth mentioning though.)

i made sure it was 100.

the values i set are:

die: 5

harm: 5

unharmed: 90

anyway, i did what you said of course, trying to put back the original values one a time but to no avail. even putting back the original file wasn't working anymore, and i had to make an integrity check of the whole game, which then found 3 corrupted files. :/

So I made mods to gameconfig.xml : I reduced the cost of a new base, increased the size of quarters and changed the aircraft turnaround time to something I think faintly sensible -- I moved refueling time to .75 and dropped rearm time to 45 min. Now, when I hit engage in Air Combat the game refuses to unpause no matter how much I hit the space bar. Which clearly works otherwise...

(There were some other changes as well: I changed the weapons and vehicle weapons files a bit: I dropped the burst fire TU values, as well as the LMG-types so as to stop breaking my suspension of disbelief and likewise increased the accuracy a smidge: I know for sure that it takes better shooting that that to simply get through basic; I can't help but feel that professional SF types --who have to complete a far more demanding practical shooting course -- should be even better shots than I had to be to fly helicopters.

Additionally, I reduced some costs for researchers, soldiers and and engineers and upped the engineers per workshop values. I don't think those would cause this problem, but what do I know?)

• 2 weeks later...

Which file controls the size of the soldier stat bars? The bars aren't dynamic and don't adapt to the min/max of soldier generation, so using 100+ AP as a standard causes the whole bar to be filled up all the time.

It's one of those LUA script files, isn't it? If it is, I'm not sure which one does what.

That would only change the bars in the soldier equip screen, not on the ground combat UI or the inventory screen.

The x and y are the screen location co-ordinates, h and w are the height and width dimensions as you probably already know.

Both of these values are usually related to the screen resolution so that the UI scales with different settings.

Adjusting them would be time consuming if you wanted anyone else using a different resolution to yours to be able to use your adjustments.

Personally I would just try adjusting the maximum value of the bar but leave the positions alone.

That should allow larger values to be displayed without making the bar physically larger.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey there, I was wondering if anyone could direct me to where I can edit the region funding values? I am trying to make a set of settings tweaks for the game that bring it more in line with reality, and having found most everything else I am drawing a blank for where I can edit this.

• 3 weeks later...

Caveat: I never actually did this; I'm just going off the existing file structure.

Looking at the files, the shield entries have names going weapon.SHIELDTYPE.WEAPONTYPE

So I'd assume you need to set up the spectres in files called:

weapon.combatshield.YOURWEAPON

and

weapon.assaultshield.YOURWEAPON

Don't know if you need to do anything with the spectres themselves; if you've done this with the non-shielded versions then you probably know more than me about that.

Caveat: I never actually did this; I'm just going off the existing file structure.

Looking at the files, the shield entries have names going weapon.SHIELDTYPE.WEAPONTYPE

So I'd assume you need to set up the spectres in files called:

weapon.combatshield.YOURWEAPON

and

weapon.assaultshield.YOURWEAPON

Don't know if you need to do anything with the spectres themselves; if you've done this with the non-shielded versions then you probably know more than me about that.

I already test this without good results

I dont know... I'll try adding a specter xml file.

Hello Im new to the forums and loving the game, However i am just curious as I've been through all the files and looked at the config list, Is there a way for me to tweak the Chinooks drop capacity? i just preferred early in development having more than 8, Unless its hardcoded or something any help would be awesome thanks!

You want the 'soldiers' column. They're about 1/3 - 1/2 of the way through, I think.

sorry to ask again if i dont get it after this ill create a thread or something so i dont bog this down but i found the value i just dont know what to change, the file i found was the Ui_soldierequips/chinook...etc sorry Im new to actually doing XML edits I've only done very basic changes in the past :P

sorry to ask again if i dont get it after this ill create a thread or something so i dont bog this down but i found the value i just dont know what to change, the file i found was the Ui_soldierequips/chinook...etc sorry Im new to actually doing XML edits I've only done very basic changes in the past :P

Ah, you want to open the file in Excel so that it displays as a table. It will be really obvious then.

(If you can't do that for some reason, the line you want is:

<Cell ss:Index="14"><Data ss:Type="Number">8</Data></Cell>

in the chinook entry. You want to modify the '8' to whatever other value you want.)

EDIT: Oh, the thing you're referring to is in the tabulated version as well, so maybe you're already doing that? If so, I can't be more precise than direct you to the 'soldier's column - column 14.

Edited by kabill