Xenonauts configuration files

Aaron

globalMaxProgress="98"

Under SoldierDevelopement in Gameconifg.xml, each line has this (HPProgess is 97) at the end of the line. What's this mean, exactly? I know stats cap at 100, I've done it several times on things like Accuracy and TUs.

Also, this:

<alienTickerSpeedEasy          value="0.8" />

and the subsequent difficulties. If I changed this to, say, 0.1, this would make my game last significantly longer between 'eras', right? As well as I'm assuming anything else based on the ticker.

Edited by endersblade

globalMaxProgress="98"

Under SoldierDevelopement in Gameconifg.xml, each line has this (HPProgess is 97) at the end of the line. What's this mean, exactly? I know stats cap at 100, I've done it several times on things like Accuracy and TUs.[p/QUOTE]

There's an odd issue where the stat cap seems to be slightly higher than the value you set it to in gameconfig. As a rule of thumb, set the value 3 points lower than the value you actually want, as is currently the case.

Also, this:
<alienTickerSpeedEasy          value="0.8" />

and the subsequent difficulties. If I changed this to, say, 0.1, this would make my game last significantly longer between 'eras', right? As well as I'm assuming anything else based on the ticker.

Yes it would, but that would only apply to Easy difficulty. Also, it would totally screw with the game balance, since you'd be getting nothing but light scouts for 5 months.

Yes it would, but that would only apply to Easy difficulty. Also, it would totally screw with the game balance, since you'd be getting nothing but light scouts for 5 months.

I mentioned "and subsequent difficulties". And I don't mind that, gives me time to level up my squads more :-) I WANT LONGER GAMES! :-P

I wouldn't set it to 0.1, probably 0.4 at the most. And thanks for the info, I thought I was going to have to individually modify quite a bit more than just that one line.

I mentioned "and subsequent difficulties". And I don't mind that, gives me time to level up my squads more :-) I WANT LONGER GAMES! :-P

I wouldn't set it to 0.1, probably 0.4 at the most. And thanks for the info, I thought I was going to have to individually modify quite a bit more than just that one line.

Sorry, missed the subsequent difficulties bit.

As regards game balance: it's not just your squad levelling. You'll have tech ahead of the curve and significantly larger amounts of money. Personally (as I wrote in the other thread) I'd increase costs, research and manufacturing times as well in line with it so as to keep the game balanced.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but I have been changing values in the config files but seeing no change in game. I'm using the community edition in steam if that makes any difference. For example I changed the start year in "gameconfig.xml" but a new game always starts in 1979. Many thanks if you can tell me what I'm doing wrong.

Ok, that makes sense, I thought it would be something obvious I was missing. I'm at work at the moment but when I get home I'll try changing in assets/mods/xcesettings to see if I can get it to work and then having a go at creating an "empty" mod as suggested.

Thanks for your help.

Yeah, I'm still relatively unsure about making a personal mod so I don't have to keep updating the real files every time something patches or changes. I've read over the sticky about a dozen times, as well as opened up a few of the mods I have (Dynamic UFOs being one of them) and looking at the file structures. Seems simple enough, but I just KNOW I'm gonna mess something up lol.

The thing I don't get it how I get it to load my files instead of vanilla/XCE/etc? I mean, I know it'll load XCE over vanilla, but what will make it run mine over XCE? Is it just automatic or is there something in that sticky that I missed?

• 5 weeks later...
After a long first game grinding my soldier, i'd like to play in veteran but grinding reflexes/strength annoy me. So i wanted to edit requirement for strength/reflexes progression but i can't edit the value.

Can someone explain me how to do it?

What do you mean by "requirements"?

You can change the rate a which these stats increase in gameconfig.xml (not far from the top) but you can't change what actually triggers the stat increases if that's what you mean.

• 1 month later...