V8 Balance Changes Required?

Chris

Leaving troops on station with full AP for overwatch being better makes sense though. Wouldn't give them a modifier though, just no penalty.

Could always copy X-com's though. Something like: Enemy reaction chance based on (% of AP remaining + reaction skill) of their target compared to their own. It has to see the target though.

Add in an additional penalty (10-20%) for the last 1/3 of view range with short range weapons (pistol, carbines, etc) and optionally have some actions unable to cause reaction checks aka triggering reaction fire (like turning in place, inventory costs, reloading).

Edit: Whoops, its (current TU/Max TU)% x Reaction. Basically, how much TU you have left of the max as a percentage is how much of your reaction stat is used.

Edited by Sathra

I suspect on the Geoscape the interceptors are just flying straight towards the UFOs rather than flying an intercept course which automatically leads the target by half the intervening distance (as they do in the air combat). That would probably explain why it's so difficult to catch anything.

Ah, that makes sense! I take it that will be fixed eventually, then?

I am experiencing the same Interceptor-Problems on Geoscape.

Maybe an easy solution to this would be to increase the radius, in which the Fighter and Ufo "are" in the same place.

I don't like the idea of "cutting their way off" technics ... the UFOs change their direction far to random for that kind of stuff. You may find your fighters farther away from the Ufo after a short turn.

(not a native writer, sry)

I think what Chris means by "cutting them off" is that the fighters will still auto-follow, but will adopt a heading which causes them to gradually close on the UFO as opposed to simply following straight behind; thus, you wouldn't be much at risk of losing it on a turn as your fighters will still heel about immediately.