Build V18.4 Released!

I know it's a long shot, but forced AA from your control panel can cause such effects, or even the mode that it's set in.

I also noticed in v.17 AA was causing some problems so turned it off and problems gone.

Other alterations were being made by Chris so I was never completely sure.:cool:

I hate to say it but unless you know magic, I think you might seriously want to consider waiting for build 19 or later before release on steam.

This I believe to be at once the most fun game I ever played and easily the most bug-rich game I ever played :>

If you release at anything resembling it's current condition you might be regretting that decision later on when reviews and steam-forum talk starts kicking in :/

I hate to say it but unless you know magic, I think you might seriously want to consider waiting for build 19 or later before release on steam.

This I believe to be at once the most fun game I ever played and easily the most bug-rich game I ever played :>

If you release at anything resembling it's current condition you might be regretting that decision later on when reviews and steam-forum talk starts kicking in :/

I concur; this version isn't particularly playable. CTDs are numerous and many follow no apparent pattern, and saves are easily corrupted. Textures frequently don't appear and require the game to be reloaded for one to see them again. Buttons in the UI sometimes cease to function, and one time everyone (xenonauts, aliens, and civilians) was frozen in place - they could turn and fire, but not move. Releasing to Steam in this state would be foolish, and possibly negligent. Look what happened to Cortex Command when they prematurely released on Steam.

Yeah, the file compression always gave us issues. We need to work through them before we can release on Steam, that's why there's so many more bugs than in V18.3. New build will be along in the next few days.

Yeah, Desura. Always blame Desura.

xD I'm having some problem getting used to Desura. The kind of problem that don't go away :P

Seem like Desura can make mistakes leading to random hang of the game too :(

Anyhow, great game, keep up the good work and i hope this get steamed soon enough ;)

It's actually a memory issue with the engine and the file compression. We're not quite sure why it's happening, because it shouldn't. It's causing insufficient memory and that's why the tiles are appearing white.

It's actually a memory issue with the engine and the file compression. We're not quite sure why it's happening, because it shouldn't. It's causing insufficient memory and that's why the tiles are appearing white.

I noticed the exe isn't set to be large address aware, meaning it's still limited to 2gb of memory. Any chance this is causing the problem?

Ermm... aren't we using standalone (non-Desura) builds of 18.4? :D

yes and no. we're using standalone builds but they're still hosted by desura. I just have not been impressed by desura overall and am looking forward to the transition to steam.

So after not having tried this game since like 8 months ago or so I decided to download the latest stand alone from desura and I just have to say what the fuck did I just download? tens of thousands of files having to be unpacked in this day and age just reeks of amateurism. Heck my winrar nearly collapsed from trying to unrar it and while most games at most have a few hundred files and are quick to install this took almost an hour.

I can't see this kind of file structure ever working in the long run and i'm sure steam don't want it like this either.