[Suggestion] Second shot has a small increase in accuracy

Forgive me if this is a dead horse topic, my search didn't find anything.

In Jagged Alliance 2:UB or was that Silents Storm... can't remember at this point (I'm leaning toward SS). Anyhow, each consecutive shot slightly increase your accuracy if you did not move. This helped to further diversify the types of shots used. You could use a less accurate shot that still had a decent hit % to boost your next shot a few % points.

From my limited target practice with firearms I find this quite reasonable, as I can hone in my consecutive shots quite a bit after the first.

Is this something that would complement current ground combat? Is it too much work to add in at this point? Or is this a dead horse that I'm just kicking around?

Edited by irongamer

I'm pretty sure JA2 had something like that (maybe that was in v1.13 though), or maybe I'm confusing that with the first shot being more expensive TU-wise because the merc actually had to aim his boomstick and all.

Maybe it was Silent Storm after all?

But I agree, it would be nice to have.

It will be good tie-in to what Chris said about equipment weight balance, that it need to focus more on how much spare ammo you have.

Having accuracy bonus to second shot will encourage to shoot more, so ammo will be more important than it is now.

Your talking the second set of TUs spent firing at the same target by the same soldier/alien, right? I certainly wouldn't want the second round in a burst fire to be more accurate than the first round, it should be less accurate if anything. Otherwise, I would be in favor the change, but I doubt it's going to happen.

Kneel/stand does. You don't have any turn TUs the second time, so it can feel a little "bonus"ish.

I feel the accuracy upgrade if it exists should only work for the same or lower aim tiers. Firing a snapshot then having a more accurate full aimed doesn't make much sense and it'd just be gaming the system.

A "ready" cost has been discussed elsewhere, and could be a feasible replacement for the current HW penalty.

It might be nice to have (for example) a normal shot followed by a snap shot be slightly more accurate than normal on the second shot, so long as it's still less accurate than the first shot. The idea being, you take an aimed shot immediately followed by a quick shot without taking time to reallign the sights.

It would be nice, but I suspect Chris has other things to work on (like getting accuracy to work right in general).

Edited by crusherven

It might be nice to have (for example) a normal shot followed by a snap shot be slightly more accurate than normal on the second shot, so long as it's still less accurate than the first shot. The idea being, you take an aimed shot immediately followed by a quick shot without taking time to reallign the sights.

It would be nice, but I suspect Christ has other things to work on (like getting accuracy to work right in general).

Hah, yeah. I'd expect this to be in some far corner of the kitchen and no where near the burner. It was just something that crossed my mind while playing the other night.

It would be nice, but I suspect Christ has other things to work on (like getting accuracy to work right in general).
but I suspect Christ has other things to work on
Christ

... So, our beloved leader, leading us against invading alien forces is actually...

(i'm so sorry)