Build V18.3 Released!

Yeah, I don't use rocket launchers. Or tanks. All infantry, all the way.

Current best trooper is an Assault with 98 TUs. 98. More kills than both the heavies combined (because I use my assaults to kill nearly everything).

He does bring up some interesting points, though. Namely:

• [*]Hit percent bugs need to be worked out

[*]Would be useful to have some kind of explosion radius guide

[*]Pathing could use a little work (so you have to force it to walk you through fire)

[*]Aliens and squaddies are still being hidden by cover

It would be better if the complainant made those comments in this forum - Chris isn't likely to see them otherwise.

C-17

2012 - 2013 ='(

R.I.P.

Also, those people on the 2K forum kind of made me disappointed in humanity. First couple of arguments.

- Its a clone

- Primitive graphics

- XCOM: EU 2013 > Xenonauts

I stil think Xenonauts is better! Humpf!:P

Maybe those guys are the vocal minority?

EDIT: Just read the post about the guy who was complaining about the FF. Somebodies reply was: "Well the obvious solution then is to run the scout past the enemy and then fire at the scout. Gotta outsmart the game - never let it know what you're actually aiming at."

Edited by Da-Fort

What caught my eye is that there are supposedly no randomly generated maps anymore? That would have been one of the big draws of this game over XCOM for me. I understand people can make maps at least? Anyone clarify for someone a little on the fence (now)?

I've been away a long time so I'm not posting this in the bug section. I tried searching for a thread about this and failed. I'm guessing this is an area that is still under construction.

When aiming I often get 0% chance on long shots. The shot distance indicator line is interesting. Regardless of the line color I will get a 0% chance on very long shots or if the enemy is in cover. Most of these shots are with the base level sniper rifle.

I still hit quite often when the 0% chance indicator shows. Some of these are on long shots and some are through cover. I don't mind pulling of some amazing shots, but the shot chance feedback indicator should still indicate there is some sort of chance.

for me this update is huge update over v18. Now saved games can be loaded correctly and I can continue my game not starting new over and over again :)

Before this update when i load save game just crashes..

Thanks again for making it long-playable :)

Is it just with the Sniper-class weapons Irongamer? There's something strange with their shot paths and how it interacts with cover. They usually punch though the cover though, which helps them to hit (laser precision can't, and rarely shows 0%, but its very low most of the time, under 10% low).

I think the game finally seems to be making good progress... So great news and good job!!!

But I hope all the stuff you guys keep dropping from the game isn't just stuff that seperates this game from all the others. I love the original Xcom, but I am hoping this game will be more than just a clone with better graphics. I am disappointed to hear u are dropping features that set this game apart and add realism like having interceptable transport choppers and transferring planes.

I also like the idea of launching a rescue mission for a downed craft, it is not only realistic but sounds fun, would love to see in game.

Edited by Captiva