Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [V8.4 Ground Combat] - Alien 'Lost' Outside of Scout

[V8.4 Ground Combat] - Alien 'Lost' Outside of Scout

Hi Chris,

So glad V 8.4 is released. Very glad to have this version.

An Alien was around the downed Scout shooting my guys, but dispite my best efforts, I could not see him or get him to register in any way. Judging from his fire, he was under the brown wings/tailfins, but three of my guys died without ever 'seeing' him.

Invisible Aliens? I hope not. They're tough enough.

SandytheSlinger

Hmmm. I think it's possible for aliens to spawn inside the UFO walls, which might be what happened here. I'll check with the coders if that can happen.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Alien Hospitality Liaison iamkyon's Avatar
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    I've encountered several similarly sneaky no-clipping Caesans. Here's a specimen who, unlike most of its brethren, is visible.

stuckpig.jpg

I have also found this a few times, and on my more recent play i blow the hell out of that area just in case.

I seem to be doing that more and more sad to say.
    "It's just lucky for her that an alien came through that door instead of her husband." - Cmdr. Ed Straker on UFO

Sergeant
    I've seen that as well, and wasn't certain if there was an area there that was OK for them to 'hide' in.

Not sure if the AI does that yet.
    "It's just lucky for her that an alien came through that door instead of her husband." - Cmdr. Ed Straker on UFO

Agreed, the ai isn't the smartest yet. Once it kept shooting a dead xenonaut for a number of turns after he died. (But i never seen it happen again)

I thought they'd stopped doing that. They used to do it all the time (almost like they were making sure).
    Common wisdom proposes that at minimum 60% of the field of engagement should be rubble and/or on fire. As such the munitions budget has been increased 50%. Operations debriefs have shown that 15% is insufficient for current combat requirements.
    Ein jeder Engel ist schrecklich.

I had an invisible alien keep shooting my dead guy for about 5 turns. Worked out well because I could determine where he was lol. I have only seen that when the initial shot takes the soldier down to 0. On the others that take the soldiers health negative, they do not appear to keep killing them.