Build V17.91 Released!

They may well not have enough cash available to pay a coder to update their software.

Most of the games on their site are low priced and also not going to sell AAA numbers.

At least some of that income has to go back out to the game dev as well.

If they are making enough to keep the lights on and take home enough to do the same at home then investing in updates that may bring no additional funds back in would be low on their priority list.

Add in that steam also deals with indie games and now has greenlight, a market, the workshop, and early access games then Desura may not see a direction they could expand in to find those funds.

Build V17.91 has been released. This post will be updated as things progress. At present:

[*]The auto-updater versions are available for Premium Pre-Orderers.

What this means?

If I start the game via Desura there is no offer to an update and Xenonauts start with version 16.1 - 16. October 2012

Edited by Templer

In your list of games, to the left of the status column, there should be an icon which you click to update games. From memory (I have none that need updating to be 100% sure about this) it's two white arrows chasing each other in a circle. But basically any icon, for any game, to the left of the status means you should click it as the game wants your attention.

I'm done with Desura. Spent hours trying to update to 17.91 over the last 3 days and it either freezes, crashes, or just plan refuses to start the update. Even when it is updating it's agonizingly slow and makes my entire computer unstable.

Deleted everything and will go for the standalone but I think I will wait until beta now.

I game up with anything but the standalone quite a long time ago., At first I was annoyed because of the standalone file size for each download. But, as I think you've discovered, it beats the heck out of the utter frustration of doing it any other way.

To give Desura some credit, the huge number of Xenonaut files it has to trawl through doesn't help it in the slightest.

Good job!

Save are working (geoscape, ground battle, autosave) At last. :):):)

Xenopedia ++ ( great advance in work)

I have played about 4-5 hours without crash! +

There a still few little graphics and engine bugs, but it is normal -> late alfa.

Thanks, specially for working save.

To be honest, for me it is like unplayable but I havn´t found the reason yet. In nearly every ground mission the hidden combat screen freezes. Then you restart, load and play the ground mission with a good chance that the next mission comes with the same problems :-(. The prior version was more stable imho.

The porter is working on a Mac port, but the new launcher is causing some issues we need to work through.

Eraser - there is a hidden movement freeze but it really shouldn't be happening that often. Have you tried the standalone?

We're working on beta now.

I sure hope the game updater is working. My version is updating now but it's taking fooooooreveeeeeeeer. Maybe even a little longer than that..lol. Seriously though why is it so slow? 166.6 kbs per second. If this was a car I'd get out and push :P

Luckily the Awesomeness of Xenonauts is worth the wait :)

Good update btw, Chris. That's good stuff brother.