New Update Planned

Chris

Just to let everyone know that there is going to be another update planned this week. For this, we'll be making a concerted effort to improve stability in this new build.

There's quite a lot of crash bugs and various save / load problems in the current build which we're working on fixing up. I figure by this point all the fixes will just carry across into the beta given it's so close, so it's hardly going to be wasted effort and should let people play far enough into the game to have more useful comments on balancing.

There'll also be a number of new maps and improved balancing, and hopefully somewhat improved AI.

I'm also going to release this one without file compression, either in the texture atlases or the in-game archive files (so it'll be a full 130,000 tiles again). I suspect these are behind a lot of the issues with broken tiles or invisible civilians etc. If the problems persist when the file compression has been removed, we'll know they are genuine problems with the code rather than the packaging of it.

I'm letting everyone know about this in advance in case people are having massive issues with the game for some reason - a new version should be out around Friday that should fix most of these issues.

Glad to read this, like you said "by this point", I feel there is so much in this game already (seems pretty much complete for the most part) if only it could be more stable to experience it in its wholeness it least half way through the game. Yeah, you could always add more maps and there is no end to AI improvement, ,more UI graphics and backgrounds etc, but I feel there's enough to go on for now.

I am more concerned with finding bugs and fixing them and seeing what you have become more stable.

Thanks

Edited by windex