Fighters die but never surrender?

Well, I always figured there was be little left but a crater and maybe some charred, twisted bits of alloy.

Between weapons impact and a hearty greeting by the ground (spiced up with some Hollywood 'splosives) there'd be little left that would warrant the sending of an entire strike team.

Well, I always figured there was be little left but a crater and maybe some charred, twisted bits of alloy.

Between weapons impact and a hearty greeting by the ground (spiced up with some Hollywood 'splosives) there'd be little left that would warrant the sending of an entire strike team.

The alien remains are probably eaten by raccoons before XCom can get there. I hear they taste like chicken....

whew! glad the Buzz Aldrin bit is still in there. Wouldn't want to go off on a tangent...

Back in the UFO TV series, I'm sure they had real trouble getting to grips with alien technology, again because the fighters weren't stable in the atmosphere. I think the aliens deteriorated quickly too. They had a whole episode just to tray and lure a live one for capture.

I've not be paying enough attention to the Xenopaedia, but I'll need to see if the UFO breakdowns are in there. I miss those (and they are in the assets folder Xenopaedia)