[alpha 1192 build 47] Game crash to desktop after ufo crashsite battle

I stopped playing this game about 6 months ago because of crashes on my windows 7 desktop.

Couple days ago, I decided to give this game ago once more, thinking the bugs would be fixed. Right after the first UFO crashsite battle, my game crashes. Well good thing the game autosaves after the battle too. So I load the game from after the battle and start playing again. Second UFO crash site...game crashes again after I win the battle. This is on my windows 8 desktop.

Game is unplayable at this point. Unless I am doing something completely wrong, I dont know how anyone can be playing this game right now.

Since I downloaded this game a couple days ago, I'm assuming its 17.6 with the hotfix.

It is not really a game yet. It's an alpha version of something that will be a game.

I suggest you try the latest alpha build. It's quite stable (despite occasional CTD upon loading game).

And if you want to save yourself some cursing and swearing I suggest you wait for the final release. :)

"six months of bug fixes?". The developers haven't spent six months doing nothing but fixing bugs! Bugs fixed during one stage of development are in general not the same bugs that cause issues at this point of development. But as Arturius says, you may as well wait for the release of the game, as from the tone of your posts your are unhappy with the alpha.

you mean windows 8? cuz i f'ing hate windows 8. came with my laptop, and I can't be bothered at this time to buy windows 7 to erase all my files and reformat/reinstall. but yes, windows 8 needs to bankrupt microsoft before they'll learn.

you mean windows 8? cuz i f'ing hate windows 8. came with my laptop, and I can't be bothered at this time to buy windows 7 to erase all my files and reformat/reinstall. but yes, windows 8 needs to bankrupt microsoft before they'll learn.

Only stable Microsoft product I have used was Beta version of Windows 95...