[v8.3 Ground Combat Load] CTD when ground combat loading

Hello,

I am getting a CTD from the Geospace screen when the program attempts to load up a ground combat mission. The load gets to the point where you start hearing the ground combat music, then it CTDs.

The is the error message I get in my application logs:

Faulting application Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4ee4f1f5, faulting module Xenonauts_gc_editor.exe, version 0.0.0.0, time stamp 0x4ee4f1f5, exception code 0xc0000417, fault offset 0x0032d861, process id 0x251c, application start time 0x01ccb8924a9422e0.

I had the same thing last night a lot. I'm not 100% sure but it seemed to be related to loading a game that was saved with a crash site on the map.

I ended up logging off and logging back on as a different user (on my PC, which is running Vista x32). I started a new game and was able to enter 2 different ground combats without a CTD.

Yes, I was doing new games from scratch.

Running the latest update as of tonight, I tried playing around with some things. One thing I discovered was that my ground combat would fail to load and it would CTD everytime if I had someone equipped with a flamethrower and ammo on my chinook. When I took that weapon out, I was able to load ground combats again. This was a reproducable pattern for me.

The game is updated at the latest version, I bought it yesterday, it keeps crashing right after I press "engage" for the ground combat.

It happens on regular bases, yesterday I was allowed to play ONE ground combat, now I tried like 10 times in a row but is still impossible.

If you want me to give you some kind of log tell me where is it and I'll be glad to help you.

OK, let's see if we can help you out. Firstly, are you sure it's a crash - the GC is notorious for taking a long time to load because we haven't got a texture atlas yet. Secondly, have you brought a flamethrower to the battle?

I'm on win7, it's a crash, it goes directly on the desktop with windows saying the app. crashed (common window message "close the app. or find a solution online...").

No flamethrower equipped.

Odd. Is it a new crash site each time or a save game?

Please try running the game in debug mode - this should automatically load up a ground combat mission after a couple of days of in-game time. See if that loads up OK?

ATM I'm not at home but I'll let you know.

It's a new crashsite each time.

EDIT: started in debug mode and, as you said, ground mission started after few days, it started with no problems, I also loaded the same savegame I was playing normally.

Edited by Crow

debug mode: savegame used from the normal mode (no crashsite active), everyone equipped with assault rifles, works good.

normal mode: same savegame, assault rifles on, crash.

The savegame is attached if you want to check, I'll try to start a new game since this savefile is a few minutes old, I just tought can be interesting for you.

[ATTACH]255[/ATTACH]

edit: started a new game, this time the ground combat loaded, I touched nothing on the inventory, once I clicked on the granade the game crashed again. :(

2011-12-15_13.46.20.zip

2011-12-15_13.46.20.zip

Edited by Crow