Build V17.6 Hotfix released!

This has been uploaded to Desura and released.

I'm pretty sure a lot of the errors in V17.6 are caused by the archiving system we're using to reduce the file count in the auto-updater version. This explains why the standalone build is much more stable, and why Matthew didn't notice any of the obvious bugs when testing (as he tested the standalone version, which doesn't have the archiving).

This is a small update (approx 1.5mb) but I think it should fix the issues in the auto-updater version when it is approved - a couple of test missions suggests that it does.

If you already have the standalone, you won't need this hotfix.

I'm sorry, but it didn't solve the problem for me.

First mission - ?desert base? - after the misison the game crashes while loading geoscape.

I'm using Desura autoupdate.

Before autoupdate no crashing after mission.When geoscape came on was dark with only base and craft icons and nothing moving exept circles around craft which returned to base.I then clicked base button which created runtime error crash.I then restarted on latest autosave which brought up normal geoscape and waited for craft to return to base again.This happened after every mission.Since autoupdate the geoscape is no longer a problem.But I now have occasional crash after mission end.

I realise Chris and team are flatout working on all aspects of development.

When I started playing game v.17.52 reaction fire was happening.For me priorities are in order of importance=Reaction skills,Accuracy skills,Backing eachother up always.I do not like losing castles.I consider my soldiers to be castles.

Cheers. :)

Played about an hour of the Desura version without any real problems. No crashes. Some textures sometimes disappear or become transparent but they come back when you change the tab (in the base) or go to base if one geoscape. More annoying is the invisible aliens behind rocks but they too can be persuaded into being targeted.