Thread: [v8.3 - Geoscape] Chinook will not target crash sites

[v8.3 - Geoscape] Chinook will not target crash sites

Moonie already posted this in the 8.3 release announcement, but I figured I would file a bug report for it. It looks like in build 8.3 the Chinook helicopter will not target crash sites. If you tell it to go to a crash site it will instead return to base. I was able to make the Chinook manually target areas around the crash site but I cannot find a way to target the crash site itself.

Yeah, it sort of gives you very little to test doesn't it? I'm sure it will soon get fixed.

Yes, we'll release a special update just for this. Bit of a biggie. You can still play the ground combat by going to the game install location and running the Xenonauts.exe - groundcombat.bat file, if you really need to scratch the itch in the next 24 hours.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Yes, we'll release a special update just for this. Bit of a biggie. You can still play the ground combat by going to the game install location and running the Xenonauts.exe - groundcombat.bat file, if you really need to scratch the itch in the next 24 hours.
    Thanks. I tried that and it crashed when I tried to throw a grenade. Looks like the gremlins have struck again.

See the same bug. It doesn't matter if I click on the Intercept tab or the crash site to launch. Incidentally, I am now able to load a saved game with a crash site in it.
    "It's just lucky for her that an alien came through that door instead of her husband." - Cmdr. Ed Straker on UFO

This is now fixed.
    Chris England - Xenonauts Project Lead
    chris@xenonauts.com
    @GoldhawkInt