Boarding.

xenopirates_by_chizek-d6agqqw.png

This is for you option 1!

I just keep chuckling at the "Yarrr!" :) Great stuff. Thanks for that.

Teleporters in Apocalypse:

Never played apocalypse (need to find manual and or a tut) so I don't know how much of a game breaker it was

I think they were a late game development, as they weren't in my strategy guide when I got the game. SO, they were a complete surprise. And in Turn based, meant that you could hop all over the map, kill things with your uber-toxin pistol, and pop back again in safety. Alien Queenspawn lair with scores of aliens to fight. No problem.

So be prepared to defend the boarding team. As I wrote in one other thread the result may cost sacrifices.

So I have the choice of a ground combat where I can expect no, or minor losses, which I currently have* OR I can grapple my soldiers to a UFO in the middle of combat thousands of feet in the air, safe in the knowledge that a couple of lucky Xeno-Pirates might make it back?

*with the expetion of that Landing Ship farm map that always kills me as I don't use grenades enough.

Never played apocalypse (need to find manual and or a tut) so I don't know how much of a game breaker it was

Not a game breaker, really. You get Teleporters right when you're about to dive in a pool of isht, just like other important techs, ex. personal shields. Very much like human ingenuity and curiosity: "whatever the dudes are using, were gonna fetch one, open it up, see what it does and use it against them. Yeh fu** we will!!". You go through rough spots, get some good stuff, then the aliens come out with some new tricks to ruin your day. It never gets boring, really :) assaulting UFO can be some of the most chaotic experiences in any strategy game, in a good way. Trust me, you'll be saying fu** and holy sh** a lot.

You should give it a try, there's a ton of flavor for a game that looks so simplistic on paper, and the basic x-com play style is all there.

I can grapple my soldiers to a UFO in the middle of combat thousands of feet in the air, safe in the knowledge that a couple of lucky Xeno-Pirates might make it back?

Yes, pal! Exact what I mean. You probably also try hard to catch all species and officers alive. That is key of realism. The war turning point may become possible in hard spec operation. May be balanced game will get changes, but now the time of advanced planes construction is terrible. As you could see the main my idea of spec ops reward is half time reducing for aircraft manufacturing.

The developers can make another price if they put idea into game.

That from my thread.

So the craft will do the following things.

1. Start an intercept of UFO.

2. Successfully touch it if UFO does not change the course. If changes, craft returns to base with slow speed and may be very week against alien retaliation in the sky.

3. Open UFO by precision charges (no special graphics, just one craft attached to another and black screen around).

The operatives then:

1. Start assault. Not all the aliens can fight against, some busy with flight control.

2. Finish assault. There have to be limited turn counter, for only skilled solders can be effective.

3. The soldiers with simple armor can suffer health diminishing turn by turn. The velocity, alien atmosphere etc.

The successful result gives.

1. Big loot.

2. Specific experience. For example one time high rising of stats.

3. Special technology. Something like. Alien inflight control recordings. Which simply make Earth avionics more advanced.... And Just reduce the time of aircraft building by 50%.

4. And something else if the developers will desire. I have ideas and can share if it is interesting.

I've grown quite partial to the aerial boarding idea but it needs to be done right. :cool:

"Flash I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth." is only going to give Chris ideas about accelerating the late game ticker.

I'm not sure about the video. Are you saying that this should be in with the grenades?

215236779_640.jpg

or are you saying that we should just send Brian Blessed to wipe out the aliens?

Actor+And+Adventurer+Brian+Blessed.jpg

215236779_640.jpg

Actor+And+Adventurer+Brian+Blessed.jpg

215236779_640.jpg.f83c1ffe709b90e45e50c6

577e7cb599bf5_ActorAndAdventurerBrianBle

"Flash I love you, but we only have 14 hours to save the Earth." is only going to give Chris ideas about accelerating the late game ticker.

If the aliens end up having the intelligence and competence of Ming's soldiers it shouldn't be a problem. They make stormtroopers look good.

or are you saying that we should just send Brian Blessed to wipe out the aliens?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2291[/ATTACH]

With his trusty fruit knife.

tve1662-2-41.jpg