Unofficial Hub - Xenonauts Wish List

WISH LIST Last Update 1/10/2013 8:12 pm EST

BUG LIST Last Update 1/5/2013 9:30 pm EST

NEW ITEMS!!!

T23-red death marker to ID soldiers bleeding to death (troop number has red outline)

M09-mouse scroll toggle disable/enable option

C11-Alien Sympathizers, will help aliens in areas the aliens have influence over

Rejected items will be moved to the

RWL (rejected wish list)

Bottom line is I will need your help to keep this up to date for the dev teams and our ease of use

Thank you again folks

To the Dev team, Bugs I find while beta testing are at the very bottom with notes on the bug and possible fix (if I can figure one out)

.........................................................................................................................................

.........................................................................................................................................

WISH LIST (not in game but lets talk about it and how it would work and help the dev team out)

Geoscape

last item number G02

Base

last item number B03

Air Combat

last item number AC07

[TABLE=class: grid, width: 730]

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]The Basic Info for the Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]AC03-National Support[/TD]

[TD]Other nations try and shoot down UFO's in their air space but never go past starting jets tech wise[/TD]

[TD]Under Consideration[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Soldiers

last item number TR08

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]TR06-Load out Copy/paste[/TD]

[TD]Ability to save a soldier load out, name it, and apply it to other soldiers equipment profile[/TD]

[TD]In-Game[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Aliens

last item number A09

Civilians

last item number c11

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]C01-Pistol Civilian[/TD]

[TD]Civilians have a chance to have a pistol and 1 clip[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]C02-Riffle Man[/TD]

[TD]Civilians have a chance to have shotgun/riffle and 1 mag (all tilesets have a chance of spawning armed local units)[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]C11-Alien Sympathizers [/TD]

[TD]Civilians in areas under alien influence should shoot at Xenonauts, and in areas that are pro Xenonauts you have a 1% chance that an armed civilian will try and help the aliens[/TD]

[TD]Unknown[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Weapons

last item number W09

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]W01-Proximity/land Mine[/TD]

[TD]Can be thrown, blows up when something walks on or near it[/TD]

[TD]Possible[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]W05-Saw type weapons can area suppress[/TD]

[TD]Weapons with very high rates of fire and average or better accuracy can suppress an area (already in code)[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]W06-Regular fire supression[/TD]

[TD]Large amounts or regular fire can suppress a targer[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]W07-Flamethrowers[/TD]

[TD]Weapon system that burns any target in 10 square long line thats 3 squares wide at end[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Armor

last item number A05

Tactical

last item number T23

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T02-Psi Defence[/TD]

[TD]Psi defense teck for humans[/TD]

[TD]Not Telling[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T03-Sensors[/TD]

[TD]Motion sensors hand held/grenade forms[/TD]

[TD]Considering[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T04-Teir 2 Medkits[/TD]

[TD]Upgrades to medikits (smaller,Lighter, Heal more) learned from alien medical tech[/TD]

[TD]Not Telling[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T05-Easy reserve/active[/TD]

[TD]Be able to use reserve AP to shoot without having to disable reserve AP[/TD]

[TD]Under Consideration[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T07-Fog Of War[/TD]

[TD]Only see shots fired at you that is in some soldiers LOS[/TD]

[TD]Planned[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T09-Human Exit[/TD]

[TD]Humans can get in craft and leave[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T20-Load Plan[/TD]

[TD]Control of troop order/load out on troop transport[/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]T23-Red Death Marker[/TD]

[TD]Soldiers who are bleeding to death have their number box inside a Red highlighted border for ease of identification[/TD]

[TD]Unknown[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Environmental

last item number E13

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]E06-ponds in maps[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]E07-Snow maps[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]E10-Desert maps[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]E12-Arctic maps[/TD]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]In Game[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Misc

last item number M09

[TR]

[TD]Idea[/TD]

[TD]Status[/TD]

[TD]Links[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]M09-mouse scroll toggle disable/enable option[/TD]

[TD]Option to toggle mouse scroll option on off or set a key like tab to cycle through soldiers[/TD]

[TD]unknown[/TD]

[TD]Links?[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Chollirem

Thothkins That thread needs to be deleted, when i track down a ADMIN Ill have em kill it, this new one has all that organized into the place it goes

be it "IN GAME" or "WISH LIST" with updates and more info compiled from your forums while dropping the "im an artist and can help ya" bit. I needed to make initial contact and used that thread for that, now it needs to go away and I need to wrap my head around your game and what the people want in it...thus this final thread I've made but thanks for the help, you guys are very polite and professional over here, the steam forums are...::shudders::

Max_caine Thanks for the links, hope this speed up my efforts to wrap my head around everything that is done, is being deved, and get this down to just the actual wish list

Still have several general threads of 30+ pages each to go through, but gimi a week

Edited by Chollirem

Thothkins That thread needs to be deleted, when i track down a ADMIN Ill have em kill it, this new one has all that organized into the place it goes

be it "IN GAME" or "WISH LIST" with updates and more info compiled from your forums while dropping the "im an artist and can help ya" bit. I needed to make initial contact and used that thread for that, now it needs to go away and I need to wrap my head around your game and what the people want in it...thus this final thread I've made but thanks for the help, you guys are very polite and professional over here, the steam forums are...::shudders::

Max_caine Thanks for the links, hope this speed up my efforts to wrap my head around everything that is done, is being deved, and get this down to just the actual wish list

Still have several general threads of 30+ pages each to go through, but gimi a week

What's wrong with the steam forums?

The steam forums?

It's full of rude, crude, 12 year old's who just want to cry and troll...that and the foraxis damage control teams screaming and insulting People cuz their game is...well...

How to be polite...

"Its not at the level a AAA release should be from a big publisher after a 4 year or more dev time with an open source engine"

...ya that's polite : )

Id say more but... man.... you don't want to get me started on that...lets keep our forums polite and professional

What's wrong with the steam forums?

I'm guessing it's standard problems of any forum that has that many and diverse users. Mob mentality and due to the high number of users everyone feels more anonymous there than they would do in a small comunity like the Xenonauts forum.

Also the format seems to encourage shorter more limited posts. you can post long stuff but it doesnt happen that much procentually compared to other speciallized forums.

(check out the comment section on "pokie pirates" in the greenlight section to see a really horrible example of steam users being stupid and or jumping the bandwagon. Everyone simply assumes that the developers doesn't have the rights to use the characters but noone has any evidence of that and the developers is acctually advertising that the game is based on and centered around that brand/IP whatever)

I find that a lot of commenters that say stuff on steam greenlight either have horrible reading comprehension or just doesn't read at all.

Looking at the above list, it’s a bit sprawling. It takes a bit of work to get a feel for what’s actually going on. Just a thought would be to format it in such a way…

Base

[table=width: 730, class: grid, align: left]

[tr]

[td] Item [/td]

[td] Status/ Link[/td]

[td] Date [/td]

[td] Comments [/td]

[/tr]

[tr]

[td]Rotate Base Facilities[/td]

[td] Discussed - Possible [/td] [td]31/12/12 [/td]

[td]Less of a requirement as Aliens will not only come through hangers/ elevators. [/td]

[/tr]

[/table]

Where:-

Item – Concise issue description. For example “Ability to rotate rectangle of say hangers from up-down to left right” becomes simply “Rotate Base Facilities”

Status/Link– Where the item is in the development process. Categories should be consistent and limited. Suggestions include:-

Confirmed in Game

Confirmed for Later Build

Confirmed to be Moddable

Confirmed to be Moddable in Later Build

Discussed – Unlikely

Discussed - Possible

Discussed – Unconfirmed

Discussed – Confirmed Not in Plans

This field also contains an underlined link to the a relevant post in the forum for further discussion/ background information.

Date – The date that the Hub entry was last modified

Comments – Any additional comments that fall out with brief description or forum discussions.

Other comments:-

Remove any spoilers from the list. If it’s a wish list, it shouldn’t be spoiling things for people who haven’t peaked in the assets folders please. If it is very pertinent to discussions please use the spoiler tags

I’m sure one of the Devs compiles bug reports. Matt? So, you may just be duplicating work there. For discussion of workarounds to issues, I’d suggest a separate list in the Bug Report forum.

I was looking for this thread in the Suggestions & Features section, for that matter.

Bear in mind that we’re close enough to Beta that I doubt there will be huge, sweeping changes to anything in the game.

Edited by thothkins

well your over complicating it honestly

you have in game, in the works and wish list, if its dead dont mean it cant be used later in an expansion or such it stays in wish list and the dev team ignores it until they want to go back to it and Ill put a little * next to it so everyone knows

well its 30 pages in this general discussion thread, and 37 in the suggestions thread...the others are art and such, so im actually reworking this right now as "final" and will put stuff where it belongs as people say "hey stupid this is in the works or in game already"

or I find it in game myself

:edit:

that and the dev teams thread is up to:edit

Edited by Chollirem

After playing the demo I have 2 requests that I really want so far.

1. RESOLVED (For Now) Bigger Maps with more obstacles / cover. More objects to vault over. More variety in terrain elevation.

2. RESOLVED More Aliens, Please. - Before I say anything else, let's take a look at the TFTD alien number decision maker chart thingy for the second smallest craft, the Medium Scout. I am viewing this chart using an Editor for TFTD. Not sure if it's the offical chart, but I haven't edited anything yet on this install. So here's the chart it shows me. Thankfully I can edit these numbers as high as I can handle (hint...hint).

Edited by HoboRed
Resolved with Alien Craft Editor

mmm dont know if ya talking to me or hobo about the shy hits but... I'm about as blunt as a brick wall : ) right or wrong I say my piece and then correct if needed....like the suppression idea...oh gota go back and check into that

But all that matters is we reach the desired end state for this game in the end the rest is unimportant : D

P.S. thanks for that info about upping the alien count that's EPIC!

mmm dont know if ya talking to me or hobo about the shy hits but... I'm about as blunt as a brick wall : ) right or wrong I say my piece and then correct if needed....like the suppression idea...oh gota go back and check into that

But all that matters is we reach the desired end state for this game in the end the rest is unimportant : D

P.S. thanks for that info about upping the alien count that's EPIC!

I believe the comment about sly hints was directed towards HoboRed... since Max_Caine mentioned him by name. ;)

Okay, still playing and doing missions all over the world, and the battlescape's are big enough so far.(for these small craft)

I am hoping that the Largest Craft/Terror Missions will have bigger battlescapes, but it's great with these little ships.

There is only 1 thing I've noticed so far. The Sniper Rilfe (Looks like a PSG1?) is the only weapon that is worth using at the moment. The other weapons have lower accuracy and damage, so they are not worth carrying, save the Rocket Launcher.

Each weapon should be effective at different distances. Shotgun and AR-15 should be more effective at closer range than Sniper Rifle.

I was reading about the Uzi Idea, but even if they dont implement an Uzi, maybe they can put some kind of close range accuracy bonus for the shotgun / assault rifles. Putting a governor on the weapon stat's might work. Give it a minimum and maximum effective range.

Categorize firearms in their own class system.

Baton (if added) - Melee Range

Shotguns and Sub-machine guns - Close Range.

Assault Rifles - Medium Range (good balance of close and far)

Precision Rifles - Obviously long range. (Maybe an upgrade for a variable scope for future weapons?)

Rocket Launcher - Medium/Far Range.

I would also like to request the ability to set grenade primer (Impact or Delay) so I can bounce off a wall around a corner, or have the grenade explode on impact. In real life, you cannot do this with most grenades(switch between impact or delay whenever you want) as most grenades are 7 seconds delay. So it could be a new kind of grenade by itself in the game, that can bounce/roll off a wall or closer to an object. Not far, just a little.

I understand there will be alien weapons to research, and I believe they should also be assigned to categories and given range bonus/penalty according to minimum and maximum effective range/accuracy. Another example, Alien Sniper Rifles can either be given a close range penalty, or a long range bonus.

Edited by HoboRed

Okay, still playing and doing missions all over the world, and the battlescape's are big enough so far.(for these small craft)

I am hoping that the Largest Craft/Terror Missions will have bigger battlescapes, but it's great with these little ships.

There is only 1 thing I've noticed so far. The Sniper Rilfe (Looks like a PSG1?) is the only weapon that is worth using at the moment. The other weapons have lower accuracy and damage, so they are not worth carrying, save the Rocket Launcher.

Each weapon should be effective at different distances. Shotgun and AR-15 should be more effective at closer range than Sniper Rifle.

I was reading about the Uzi Idea, but even if they dont implement an Uzi, maybe they can put some kind of close range accuracy bonus for the shotgun / assault rifles. Putting a governor on the weapon stat's might work. Give it a minimum and maximum effective range.

Categorize firearms in their own class system.

Baton (if added) - Melee Range

Shotguns and Sub-machine guns - Close Range.

Assault Rifles - Medium Range (good balance of close and far)

Precision Rifles - Obviously long range. (Maybe an upgrade for a variable scope for future weapons?)

Rocket Launcher - Medium/Far Range.

I would also like to request the ability to set grenade primer (Impact or Delay) so I can bounce off a wall around a corner, or have the grenade explode on impact. In real life, you cannot do this with most grenades(switch between impact or delay whenever you want) as most grenades are 7 seconds delay. So it could be a new kind of grenade by itself in the game, that can bounce/roll off a wall or closer to an object. Not far, just a little.

I understand there will be alien weapons to research, and I believe they should also be assigned to categories and given range bonus/penalty according to minimum and maximum effective range/accuracy. Another example, Alien Sniper Rifles can either be given a close range penalty, or a long range bonus.

Eh, the accuracy system isn't that balanced, meaning that right now, the LMG is actually the best weapon IMO.

Oh, and taking the snipers stats from EU eh?

Remember that this is a very basic game engine.

I can't say for certain but I doubt it can handle proper bounce/reflection from the in game props in the way that would be required for your grenade bouncing suggestion.

The game engine doesn't know, for example, the exact angle a prop is facing.

It only knows that an object is there, not what the image representing it looks like to the player.

I agree that a minimum effective range might be nice for the precision rifle.

All weapons already have a maximum effective range, after which damage falls off.

Turning that into an effective range with two values, outside of which accuracy suffers, would help to balance the weapons into their roles more effectively.