Spotted alien icon.

Raakku

I'd go a step further and make it not noticeable for a soldier who can't see an alien.

Why?

It means you need to pay attention. As you cycle through your soldiers you need to visually check the map or remember and look for the symbol otherwise you might miss an alien. This gives the opportunity for an alien to sneak up to you while you are distracted.

It might add more tension.

I would not find it in anyway entertaining to try to spot every alien from the background with my naked eye or having to click through all the soldiers to find the one who is seeing the alien. As I am not happy trying to click through the soldiers and guessing whos red alien icon is slightly more red than others.

• 3 weeks later...
While a gray icon would be nice, it seems to me that zzz1010's suggestion would solve the problem. Just turn down the 0.6 to 0.4 or 0.2, and the difference should be more apparent.

Yes. Maybe 0.6 is a bit much. Then again, one setting will never be perfect since monitors and gfx are different.

Yes. Maybe 0.6 is a bit much. Then again, one setting will never be perfect since monitors and gfx are different.

Personally, I put it at 0.4 before I started playing, and the difference is quite easily apparent. However, the devs easily give you the ability to customize it to whatever works for you.