That stuff was meant to be under embargo, so I'm fairly unimpressed he's posted that. But as beta isn't far away I guess I won't send him a rude email.

The vehicle art he did isn't going in the game because it's not up to scratch, but the aircraft art is the Xenopedia art.

it's been ages since I trawled for Xenonauts stuff. Great spot AD! Pain in the rear for Devs if it was supposed to be under wraps. From my own perspective, I'm even more eager (eagerer :) ) to see it in the game now.

Even more surprised to see the final mission destination pic

finalmissionmaybe.jpg

Is it a hold over from the original games, that you don't really get spoiled by such images? You're just more excited? I mean, you have a good idea on how the tech trees are going to work and so it's no huge surprise to see the craft. Ah, I remember my first Firestorm...

finalmissionmaybe.jpg

finalmissionmaybe.thumb.jpg.8544cec0e160

Edited by thothkins

Some of the artwork has been on imageshack since 2011.

There are also a few forum posts where the artist is looking for work and using those images to advertise himself.

If it didn't have the Xenonaut logo in the corner it probably wouldn't have stood out so much ;)

I remember having a conversation with someone back in January about how nice they looked.

Might have been Max who spotted them.

Even more surprised to see the final mission destination pic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]1687[/ATTACH]

Count yourself lucky, it could've been Xen. Or Temple of Elemental Evil. In which case thousands of otherwise sane people would be swarming to cancel preorders and every masochist gamer out there would be filling their pants in glee.

(Although the unkind remark might be made that if we can handle these CTDs and night terror missions, ToEE will be depressingly stable AND easy...)