UFOs & Being Horrible: Part 3 (New Solution!)

Chris

The connecting bit between the two sections would also need to be filled in black (probably get fixed anyway but just thought I'd mention), but other than that it looks like a good solution
I agree it seems reasonable. You're right the line around the perimeter ends to to be thick and either really dark or really bright.

Chris: We are going to see the interior consoles and equipment in the UFO correct?

How are external doors going to be shown? Are they not going to be affected by this change or will they disappear as the walls do.

Secondly, since you are already drawing the lines around the bottom of the UFO, can they be copied and pasted about X many pixels up to look something like this:

UFO.png

By the way can someone tell me how to make the image look larger?

UFO.jpg

UFO.jpg

UFO.jpg.d342895ef72f6117692c218f1a9ae5cf

Edited by Quartermaster

I don't think anyone read that post Gazz.

It wasn't 12 pages long with an indecent amount of details so we all figured it wasn't really you ;)

Well, I'm experimenting with detail filters to appear more human.

It's just funny how the design went through all these iterations only to arrive at one of the first suggestions. =)

Chris, Thanks for posting that concept image.

Design - test - redesign are pretty common scenarios when it comes to development. Often times, concepts have to get dropped, or the process needs to be re-designed to make it work correctly.

Just means that the original suggestion had it 'right'.

I'll be interested to see this in game too.

That example looks nice.

I reckon it would look better on the bigger ships as well with their larger floor space to hull ratio.

I am guessing that the internal borders (where the floor meets the black impassible bit) will have UFO internal walls along them?

As external doors are attached to these internal walls it would be reasonable to assume they would also be shown if that is the case.

Just for me to understand it properly - will only the hull walls be invisible? Or will we have a boring 2D interior of the UFO with some 3D props? I mean - no inner walls and doors?

Exactly what I was fearing when I saw the first mockup pic. Losing the really thick exterior walls to help with the layout makes sense. Losing the 0-thickness interior walls seems rather annoying.