Build V17.1 Released!

In quick combat can i choose which map play?

Yes, you can, by opening up levelsetup_quickbattle.xml and editing the tileset and mapname attributes in the exsting <Map> tag. For example, to load a random map in the middleeast tileset, you have to change the line which currently says

<Map tileset="town" />

to

<Map tileset="middleeast" />

To load a specific map in a tileset, let's say you want to play farm_lightscout1 from the farm tileset, that line would become

<Map tileset="farm" mapname="farm_lightscout1" />

Map names can be found into assets/maps/[tileset_name]/: the xml files you see in that directory (note, not the sub directories) are the maps available for that tileset.

Yes, you can, by opening up levelsetup_quickbattle.xml and editing the tileset and mapname attributes in the exsting <Map> tag. For example, to load a random map in the middleeast tileset, you have to change the line which currently says

<Map tileset="town" />

to

<Map tileset="middleeast" />

To load a specific map in a tileset, let's say you want to play farm_lightscout1 from the farm tileset, that line would become

<Map tileset="farm" mapname="farm_lightscout1" />

Map names can be found into assets/maps/[tileset_name]/: the xml files you see in that directory (note, not the sub directories) are the maps available for that tileset.

Thanks Giovanni e grazie :)

I would like to congratulate the Xenonauts team for (bringing in?) the artist(s) who created the awesome policeman NPC. Also the NPC in the bright orange ski-jacket with that long barreled shotgun(?) looks top-notch! He resembles characters seen in movies that have scenes in the (far)northern snowy areas. Very good modelling and coloring on the textures.

Hope the soldiers will look that awesome in the final, in advanced armor.

Yup, he's a chap called Zach and he's done a good job with the civilians / friendly AI units. Also, I've never seen The Thing but I know Aaron's research for the Arctic tileset buildings involved watching it :) That tileset seems to have gone down well, anyway!

The novella had a cast of cardboard hundreds.

The Thing From Another World has it's charms, but is a Creature Feature monster.

Carpenter's version is very, very good indeed on many levels.

The prequel has the benefit of CGI, which simply does some things the Carpenter version couldn't get near. That's one of the few plus points of it.

Since Xenonauts is a game about invading Alien Horror, I can't see any possible excuse for not watching this one. It's not too late to put one in the game surely Chris! :)

All we need is to be able to use the parka guys as Xenonauts and use a bit of Mind Control - you get to move your guy as normal, but he gets up to things on the Hidden Movement screen you can't see - and we're there :)

Bah, can't do quotes as Chris hasn't seen it, and I'd not want to spoil it. Double Bah!

Finally got some time to play 17.1. It's already been established, but the patch is pretty dang stable. Wasn't able to do Terror Missions because I suck at the game, but no crashing. The game stopped for all the right reasons. Those being, eaten by aliens. Very excited that I got to play for something like 90 straight minutes with ZERO problems. Well, maybe not zero problems, but zero major, or relevant, problems. I can see a real game in there now. I'm really enthusiastic for Beta and eventually Release. Keep up the good work guys!

Sorry, no pilots for Xenonaut choppers :)

Haven't you seen Star Wars? The pilots are /there/, they're just hiding from "Ethereal entanglements" in their own smuggling compartments after they land. :)

Given the choice between 'breathe somebody else's BO for a couple hours" and "have an inadequate rifle, armor that's got suspicious burns and the names of its last six owners crossed off, now go out there and try not to die! Oh, and nobody else knows their collective from their joystick, but no pressure.", which would you pick?