BTW are there still invisble civilians on the Farm maps for you guys?

Are you sure you got the right build and there are no runtime or compile switches that are different or missing from the developers version? It seems very odd to me that people are seeing things so differently from what you are.

No, V17 says V17 on the launcher. Dunno how you've still got V16.1 unless you're on Mac or Linux.

Right, patch here to bring the game up to V17.1. It disables AI and civilians on the Farm tileset and it fixes the starting tech and alien base bugs. That should leave the game stable. Please test it and let me know, and I'll update again if it works.

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/26290309/V17.1%20patch.exe

Yes, 17 not 17.1. Haven't had any need to try it yet.

I do have half visible half invisible npcs with guns running around the middle east maps, but no crashes from them. One did stop right in front of my rocket launcher character right before... well I didn't notice and... it didn't end well.

Edited by svidangel

Looking good so far chris.

Been playing for 1 1/2 hrs on 17.1 (patched).

So far no CTD's.

Only thing I can fault so far is the standing dead aliens.

Here is a pic.

Left alien is targetable but the one on the right is actually dead :rolleyes:

xenopic003.jpg

Had this on most maps where the dead are pretending to live.

Are we looking at the first of the Alien ZOMBIES.......? :D

Edited by DrFumbles

Thank you Chris!

You know, I am a little conservative ... and at a time i really thought .... Oh well ... I dunno know if this game ever happened to live ... this is alpha all of the time ... my bucks are just going down the drain ... but at these moments ... I see you working and fighting ... not just you Chris, but the whole team: I really do appreciate what you are doing! Keep up the good work! Bombard us with alphas, betas and zetas ... but keep fighting to get us this game!

Thanks Chris & Team

Thanks tass, I downloaded your patch and it's nicely humming away. Seems like you even actually verified my version te prevent borking the install, awesome!

Its the plus to the patch maker I gave Chris and co ... I kinda like that fact. And glad it has helped.

It seems to work quite well so far. I've had one Hidden Movement freeze on the Industrial map but that's all. And this might be a stupid question but I haven't played in a while, so bear with me: Is it possible to capture UFOs in the current build or am I just not trying it on the right size? I've tried the small scouts and regular scouts so far, both with minor and severe damage, yet it doesn't seem to capture them despite me waiting forever in each compartment.

EDIT: After waiting 50 million turns with guys in the UFO, I killed the last alien and got this instead:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v324/Zinn/ufosecured.jpg

Now, I don't know about you, but I think that a rating of -13.684.431 seems slight overkill if they're somehow unhappy about me capturing a UFO.

Edited by Zinn

Lol @ Zinn. We'll look into that though (just not particularly urgently).

I'm now uploading V17.1 to Desura as it seems to be stable. I think the crash bug has been resolved at our end anyway, I think it was an error in the code after all...which would explain why a week of messing around with the sprites didn't help. But whatever. I'm leaving the farm civilians and friendly AI troops disabled until the next build.

Ah, good. I'll have to try that out. I just had a farm map now where it would CTD on the second turn no matter what I did. It seemed to correspond with a civ jumping over a fence but I couldn't really be sure. On that note I had noticed other civilians on industrial maps jumping over fences into... solid objects. Fuel tanks, barrels, etc., and then never coming out of them. Not sure if that helps.