First thoughts, key bindings

I see that there are both bindings for each soldier 1 through etc plus vehicles, but I think it would still be nice to have a "next soldier or vehicle" key, in whatever order is easiest to code unless someone else has a better idea.

Also, a set of spots in the key binding section where we could set the reserve TUs to a given settings with a button press would be nice. How I see this working out would be...

Say I rebound Tab for next soldier, and Q for reserve to snap shot, and then W for no reserve.

Liking snap shot for most of my characters I could quickly Tab/Q through my squad to set everyone to snap shot for most of the map, and then when I wanted to take a shot at the end of a move, hit W and click to shoot at whatever it was I wanted. Next round I could tab quickly through to find that soldier/soldiers and Q them back to snap shot reserve (or burst, if I wanted to bind Q to that, whichever!).

I think this might streamline the combat a little bit without requiring too much in the way of changes. Also being able to hit Esc to exit the menu would be nice!

Thanks, and enjoying things so far!

Not sure if this is the sort of thing that is worth suggesting at this point then, but another interface tweak that would be nice is some sort of highlight or tick mark on the soldier interface showing which soldiers can actually see an alien. When I have a whole bunch of troops spread out, it would be nice to see at a glance what soldiers actually have eyes on the enemy.

And anyone... are the invisible shadows running around... civilians I guess? I haven't played enough to be sure, but they don't trigger the red alien head on the right side of the screen and blowing them up with missiles doesn't leave much behind.

Not sure if this is the sort of thing that is worth suggesting at this point then, but another interface tweak that would be nice is some sort of highlight or tick mark on the soldier interface showing which soldiers can actually see an alien. When I have a whole bunch of troops spread out, it would be nice to see at a glance what soldiers actually have eyes on the enemy.

And anyone... are the invisible shadows running around... civilians I guess? I haven't played enough to be sure, but they don't trigger the red alien head on the right side of the screen and blowing them up with missiles doesn't leave much behind.

I don't think this is what you are after... but the red icon with the alien head should be clearer when the soldier that can see the alien is selected and duller when those that can't are selected. Did you know that already? If not does it help? :)

I can scroll through my units with my mouse wheel, not sure if that's what you meant though.

Yes the mousewheel! Thanks, I am too used to using that for camera zoom.

And as for the alien indicator, yeah, I was thinking of something on the 1-8 soldier interface with the TU bars etc that shows which can see... something. Not sure how a tradeoff between detailed/cluttered would end up, but just highlighting the unit box in red when it can see something would be good.

And throwing out another idea, I'd love it if the popup for the new alien craft being detected were... somewhere other than the center of the screen. It may just be that I shouldn't have picked my base in Northern Africa, but 90% of the time I have to drag it around to see where the UFOs actually spawn. Maybe something like a highlight around the edges of the screen, and then the popup window along the bottom, the center of where the Radar Ranges checkbox is.