[V16 - Ground Combat] Dead alien standing

In the last couple of missions (light scouts), I have found instances of dead aliens where the engine draws both the dead corpse and the living one. Obviously the "living" alien sprite is not killable.

I do not know if a similar bug had already been posted. I did not find it searching the bug forum. It seems to me that this bug is quite frequent in this build.

The bug is only a graphig glitch. It does not cause a crash nor locks the game.

See the screenshots below:

The alien is near but no alien notification icon is shown on the right side

hidden alien.jpg

The ferret is near the aliens. Only one alien (the topmost) is alive and shown on the right side of the screen. The other two aliens are dead. It can be inferred by the corpses sprites they are standing on.

hidden alien 2.jpg

hidden alien 2.jpg

hidden alien.jpg

577e7c9f6ff90_hiddenalien2.thumb.jpg.ee1

577e7c9f75207_hiddenalien.thumb.jpg.3552

I have noticed it occurs when the subject is not killed by an xcom soldier. I have had dead aliens/civilians/xcom soldiers still standing if they were killed by an alien/civilian or during when the ufo crashed. (did not have to occur during hidden movement)

This happened to me in v17.1 too. The standing alien (which was untargetable) was standing 3-4 tiles away from the alien I killed. At the end of the turn, the mission ended so it wasn't a "real" alien. The alien was standing next to a UFO on a desert map (Sahara region of Africa).

Basically every time something dies while not in vision, this happens. I have had it happen when neutrals killed aliens, when aliens killed neutrals, when aliens died during the crash and even when i killed an alien in the FOW while aiming at an other alien. It appears to be only visual, those undead guys never do anything and count as dead at the end of the mission.

• 2 weeks later...