Clean Inventory possible ?

This is related to the fact that since beginning equipments come in infinite quantity so that we don't need to micro-management them anymore [too bad, I really like to do so]. However, I personally want a clean storage and inventory in my base - which means thing I don't need/like I will sell out all [or in this case throw out].

Is there possible to add a feature that allow player to hide/throw out unnecessery equipments ? Since after a while in the game they become pretty much useless and only a bother when I begin equipping my squad. I just don't want to see useless things lying around and having the options to hide/throw them out would greatly increase my enjoyment playing these type of games :(

The same problem with the new Firaxis XCOM game, but worse. I can't even sell out my outdated armors and low-tech weapons for some really needed cash anymore. They sit there, useless and in large quantities [since if i don't I can't survive in Ironman Classic >.>] as a remind of how many precious money I have wasted on them and now they will be there forever, waiting to be put into some XCOM Museum after the war end <.<

So please, I think the ability to manage your Storeroom and inventory will help a lots with players enjoyment of the game since this game is supposed to make players... um... immense ? I mean in such a deep game like this, I want everything to be perfect in my base according to my preference if possible *O* Something like that.

P/S : another small thing that I'm sure lots of people should have raised already but since I'm a bit lazy to check old topic I will just say it here - Is the soldier stats right now only for testing and will be different after the game release ? Because they're almost alike with significant different between soldiers [all in about 55-60]. That is boring, like a clone army T_T

EDITED : I'm terribly sorry I post this in the wrong forum. Newbie mistakes T_T Could some moderator be so kind as to move this to the suitable forum please ? Thanks a lot and sorry again.

Edited by Shuichi Niwa

Yes you can sell low level tech, like laser weapons, but you sell them at a loss. Soldier stats are probably going to stay the way they are (50-60). As soldiers become more experienced their stats will increase and it will look a little less like a clone army.

I know, I played the Alpha. However what I mean is to make the beginning equipments [those infinite ones] "completely disappearing" when I don't need them anymore. I don't even need to sell them for money, just making them go out of my sight is good enough T_T

About the soldier stats I disagree. Thinking that every soldier start on same ground is a bit nonsense for me. I want to see things like "wow this guy is a weakling but got an nice accuracy. He's gonna be a sniper for me". That kind of feeling. Now it's like I just assign role randomly because stats are not much different. Definitely not fun.

Edited by Shuichi Niwa

I know, I played the Alpha. However what I mean is to make the beginning equipments [those infinite ones] "completely disappearing" when I don't need them anymore. I don't even need to sell them for money, just making them go out of my sight is good enough T_T

Nope, they stay there.

I get it. You just want to hide obsolete equipment so it doesn't clutter the menu. Since everything, except starting weapons can be sold it'd be superfluous to have the option for every piece of equipment but a menu option to "hide" the starting weapons might not be a bad idea.

Also, afaik, rookies are supposed to have varying stats like in the original. Maybe it just hasn't been fully implemented.

I think I read it before that Chris want to get rid of too many unimportant micro-management since the game have others more interesthing to do than sorting out your storeroom.

Too bad I'm the kind of Commander that enjoy a good "sorting out" T_T

That and maybe the thematic element that in such a worldwide important organization like XCOM they have unlimited access to the world's finest weaponry it can offer, thus the infinite amount. That makes sense, I guess.

So I don't ask for the old ways, instead only the small option of hiding them :(

Edited by Shuichi Niwa

I think I read it before that Chris want to get rid of too many unimportant micro-management since the game have others more interesthing to do than sorting out your storeroom.

And it backfired, resulting in more hassle with armament you can't sell, not less.

That and maybe the thematic element that in such a worldwide important organization like XCOM they have unlimited access to the world's finest weaponry it can offer, thus the infinite amount. That makes sense, I guess.

Well, that's obviously not the case. If it were, you'd be given unlimited airplanes, near-unlimited personnel, and just about everything else. Oh, and at least a few billion in funding, not a few million.

In both UFO original and Xeno, you always get the feeling of being underappreciated... and later in the game, as aliens control entire governments, it's more than a feeling.

if you dont like the starting equipent they are put in a seperate tab if i remember so you can just ignore that tab and keep an eye to your laser plasma etc. tabs where the weapons you make are stored (these take place in storerooms while the balistic weapons don't)

so you can ignore it ;)

Yeah, I guess the only problem is my way of thinking. Got too used to the way it was before - weapons in your storage. Sell all you don't need to save storage room, and then later if you need them buy some back, waiting for the shipment to arrive, etc. Now I got an unlimited supply of useless weapon in my base, store in the 4th dimension and I can't do anything about that. It's like a black dot on a white wall, you just keep thinking about it >.>

Still I think the whole management of your weapons and equipments, stuffs, etc. has a kind of charm about it that shouldn't be removed from this game. Transfering some goods from base to base, checking which place has what,etc. Having some equipments in unlimited quantity withouth needing storage space seems to screw that feeling over somehow.

Ahh... how I love the feeling of forgotten to buy more missiles and got the Interceptors only half-load... or even have to transfer missiles from other bases cause I have just wasted all of my fund into other things and got 2 more days until payday xD

Edited by Shuichi Niwa

i found that more of anoyance (sorry i cant spell that word :D ) then fun and you can manage all the non balistic weapons, hell even misiles for on your aircraft made with alien powercells so those can be transfered from base to base and i think you will have to upgrade to those kind of weapons pretty fast or you will have troubles taking down alien ships and aliens themselves so you just will have to watch that for 1 or 2 ingame months i think ;)

I don't really understand how not being able to sell gear that you don't buy in the first place is more hassle.

It doesn't sit in stores or appear anywhere else other than the ballistics tab in the equip screen.

Quoting because this something important that people need to be aware of: The ballistic tier and all the starting gear do not take up space or represent investment in funds.

Also worth noting is that certain weapons in the ballistic tier, notably the Missile Launcher (and the Flamethrower when it's added back in), are rather special and will have uses throughout the game, rather than being obsolete.

It is an oddity that the ballistic weaponry takes no physical space, yet is instantaneously available. I can only surmise that not even an alien invasion can stop DHL making a delivery.

As for infinite aircraft not being available as with ballistics, I think that this is due to the aircraft being modified for Xenonaut purposes. The backstory tells us that Xenonauts were the only ones capable of taking down a UFO. While they may have some really good pilots, so do other nations. Therefore the technology of Xenonauts is cutting edge, not available from funding nations and therefore not sitting there in vast hangers to appear instantly.

I've come round to the idea of infinite ballistics, as the game as a well defined role for each weapon type. There's not the feeling that some are always better than others.

Also worth noting is that certain weapons in the ballistic tier, notably the Missile Launcher (and the Flamethrower when it's added back in), are rather special and will have uses throughout the game, rather than being obsolete.

Agreed. That's why I want them to be "normal" items like other so I can choose which to keep and which not to, instead of having a whole "infinite" category. It's just don't feel right somehow. And from my point of view since both choice have minimal effect on the gameplay itself I myself would prefer realistic and immense feeling over convenience.

I imagine it will be one of those things that gets modded early on.

The down side is that the stores does not have a buy function.

You can relatively easily mod the gear to be available for manufacture or leave it available from stock but you can't set it to be available to buy.

Agreed. That's why I want them to be "normal" items like other so I can choose which to keep and which not to, instead of having a whole "infinite" category. It's just don't feel right somehow. And from my point of view since both choice have minimal effect on the gameplay itself I myself would prefer realistic and immense feeling over convenience.

Well, unfortunately for you this game doesn't have the same buy/sell mechanics of other games. If it did, you could probably have the ballistic weaponry "free" but in a system where you "buy" (ie, order) into stock just what you need.

The reason why they are free is a logically sound assumption. Every Army in the world has spare stocks of weapons, so do the manfacturers. I'm fairly certain that if the UN designated a small elite task force to deal with a world changing event, they'd get nearly everything they wanted for free.

Thothkins is right about the other equipement like the aircraft as well, the cost is for the modifications. The oddity is the F17, arguably it should be "made" (ie, shipped into the base in parts and modified) like the MIG is, rather than appearing pre-done, but I can live with that.

As for infinite aircraft not being available as with ballistics, I think that this is due to the aircraft being modified for Xenonaut purposes.

It's really weird how nations would ship you an unlimited quantity $30,000,000 planes asking nothing in return, but miserly add or subtract $10,000 out of their a $200,000/month payment based on minor differences in performance results.

It might be that their money presses got blown up by aliens and panicked citizens took all the cash out of ATM's, so there's been a hyperdeflation and physical goods aren't worth anything anymore.

Or it may be that the Communism won the Cold War and triumphed, so physical goods aren't worth anything and money is only used for gambling, which all your personnel is addicted to.

If you really wanted to get to it, if an 'alien invasion' happened, they'd just bombard us from space or use chemical/biological weapons to wipe us out. :P But this is a videogame, and sometimes you need to suspend your disbelief for a concept to work. :P

Although I will say this: a few dozen small arms + thousands of ammo is pretty damn cheap for an organization, and in the Cold War both sides often just off-loaded crates of surplus arms/ammo to make friends.

I wouldn't mind if I had to buy or craft ballistic weapons/ammo for a negligible price, though.

Edited by ElTee

If you really wanted to get to it, if an 'alien invasion' happened, they'd just bombard us from space or use chemical/biological weapons to wipe us out.

One would think they might want to save munitions, seeing how it would take a lot to seriously bombard a planet. "A lot" means like 100x the total mass of their invasion fleet as it stands. Or a lot of tug ships for asteroid bombardment using KE drops - they do have spaceworthy engines, but from what we see these aren't even remotely on the order of good enough to drop the Moon or anything.

Chemical and biological weapons have to be developed first. You can't bring enough chlorine to gas everyone, you need something effective, and that will be specific to local species' biology.

Biological weapons are much harder still, because not only are they even more specific, they have to be able to survive the environment. You will need to capture a lot of live specimen for experimentation first, then do said experimentation in small scale.

And then there's the sweet, sweet option of making pacts with a few developed nations and using their own knowledge and their own factories to destroy the rest of the Earth first, these nations themselves later.